Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I was expecting it, but it's still bullsh*t. What happened to antitrust laws in this country? Now us, the subscribers will suffer since there's no competition and reason to better themselves or charge low prices. I love capitalism, but stuff like this makes me want to change my mind.

p.s. Plus, now that Karmazin is taking over (most likely), his little pet Stern is going to make sure Opie & Anthony get fired. So there goes my only reason for subscribing. :dead:

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Man, I have about 240 shares of Sirius. Hope this is GOOD news for me, for a change. LOL! Thanks brotha, for postin', hadn't heard this yet...

PS: Agreed Nelson, hope the content doesn't blow donkey now... :(

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nelson said:
I was expecting it, but it's still bullsh*t. What happened to antitrust laws in this country? Now us, the subscribers will suffer since there's no competition and reason to better themselves or charge low prices. I love capitalism, but stuff like this makes me want to change my mind.
Well they still have to get approval first before it's final, and the anti trust issues will be the hardest to overcome.

G-ealousy said:
Man, I have about 240 shares of Sirius. Hope this is GOOD news for me, for a change. LOL! Thanks brotha, for postin', hadn't heard this yet...

PS: Agreed Nelson, hope the content doesn't blow donkey now... :(
I'll bet your stock is higher already just on the news of a merger.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
um this isnt right.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
ill beleive it when it happens.... as far as share holders go... sirius is valued higher right now, which means xm share holders will have to pay sirius share holders a premium. viseversa if xm is higher when and if they merge.

there also has to be a majority vote amongst the share holders who will be forced to pay the premium before a merge can happen

·
♥
3,947 Posts
you only hear howard on his two channels, theres no need for him to promote inside of sirius. i was never a howard stern fan entil i got sirius, and now i listen to it every morning.

·
magnificent pooper
4,024 Posts
Nelson said:
I was expecting it, but it's still bullsh*t. What happened to antitrust laws in this country?
what anti-trust laws? money is above the law.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
xm, and sirius arent considered competitors in most dynamics, therfor anti-trust, or competition laws wont apply. satelite radio is viewed as a form of broadcast media, with its competitors being fm/am radio, and other forms of media.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think this merge will make satellite radio that much stronger. The competition was pretty weak because it didn't really matter which one you got, it generally matter which car you got.

As long as my sirius stock goes up, im all for it though.
I lost $10k in sirius a year ago when it dropped like a rock because of what some asshat said in an article.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
ryu750 said:
So should i buy some sirius radio shares or not??
in my opinion satellite radio in general isnt a good investment right now

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AzG20P11 said:
xm, and sirius arent considered competitors in most dynamics, therfor anti-trust, or competition laws wont apply. satelite radio is viewed as a form of broadcast media, with its competitors being fm/am radio, and other forms of media.
they are still competitors, the same way dish network and direct tv are. i remember they were going to merge but got shot down because of the anti trust laws. well see how it all plays out, either way, i hate the commercials on XM and hope they don't trickle over to Sirius, the only true, commercial free music

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think this will be a good thing in the long run. Maybe they will actually survive and turn a profit with the economy of scale advantage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts