Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1992 P10 smells distinctly like unburned gas when I start it up. It also smells somewhat once warmed up, although it is not as bad. Is it just my cat that needs replacement, or do people think that some of my sensors might be messed up? With the old engine and about 166k miles, the car barely passed Maryland emissions, and I thought it would be better when I replaced the engine, but it seems just as bad.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P10 WRC said:
well, your injectors might be leaking.. ...can you smell it from the engine bay when you pop the hood?
Hmmmm. When the car was my mom's it was parked in the garage, and the last year or so that it was parked there, it was smelling up the garage with gasoline. I thought it might be a problem with the fuel filler pipe, but would that be indicative of leaky injectors?

The injectors were some of the parts that didn't get replaced in the engine swap. The rail from the new engine was bent and two of the injectors were busted up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Also check the fuel filter lines for cracking, that was my problem.....twice

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G20Pimp said:
Also check the fuel filter lines for cracking, that was my problem.....twice
There was an issue with that when the car tried to pass emissions (it actually failed once) and so they were replaced. They look fine now.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it be the FPR? I just remembered I bent that during my swap and didn't notice. P10DET found it and bent it back. Could it be leaking though?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I noticed fuel leaking onto the ground the last time I filled up, which means it's probably the fuel filler tube. I will investigate on Thursday or Friday when I am back at home for a couple of days. Unfortunately the fuel-filler recall has already been done and they refuse to do it again, so it looks like I'm on my own with this one. If it is the filler tube, I'll use some hose clamps and rubber hose to patch the hole(s).

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's ftl, they should do the recall again if it didn't fix the problem.
Well, it did fix the problem... for like 8-9 years. I think they should still do it too, since it's a safety thing, but Infiniti USA probably only provides the money to do it once, so the dealership would be doing it for free if they helped me out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts