Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there i was just driving home from the gym, the light ahead of me turned red and i stopped and started to stare into space when i noticed a civic pull up. This thing look bone stock, i mean it even had those crappy hubcap type wheels on it. No signs of rice, so i didn't think of racining, plus my arms hurt from the workout. Well he revved it and looked over at me with a goofy grin. I didn't hear a cat-back, but my stero was on really loud. Anyway the light changed and we took off, i say we , but really he. This thing bolted out! I almost dropped my jaw! There was no mistaking it, he walked my dog! He musta hit 120 before he stopped acelerating because he was long gone. Alas the story of a p11........i just want to win one of those scartch cards worth like a couple grand and get my DET.....i'm not greedy Jeebus, just enough to make my G the rice killer it should be

P.S. i really hope you guys watch the Simpsons:beard: :asian:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dammmmmmn! That is my biggest fear. Getting eaten by a Super Civic. So far I have lost to one yet!:cool: But I know they is one out there that may take me down. Sorry man...........

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If I was in your position, I would have just sat there and ignored him. I would rather sit there and do nothing, than being humiliated by, of all cars, a Civic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have been beaten by a civic.. we gotta stand an think our weight compared to their weight... i also drive an auto which makes it worst. but to make a long post short... dont trust civic people out there

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You just need mo powa! :p

I've beaten a couple Civics/CRXs at the track running nitrous or ones with a motor swap in my G20. I think tuning them isn't as easy due to the map sensors (vs our MAF) so there are a lot of them out there running way out of tune... Then again, i've also witnessed others at the track doing very well w/ either a motor swap, nitrous, or both :p (or a turbo for that matter). I wouldn't even think twice about it, no matter how fast you are, there will always be something faster.

Sleepers are cool... mainly cause no one expects anything from my car even if i tell them what i've done, they still expect it to be slow do to the whole 4 door/4 cylinder thing... :p

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've raced against my friends 00 Civic SI with many mods done...He beat me of course by 2 car lengths but at the higher gears and RPM we are about equal. This of course is when I had I/H/E and S3 cams...but my motor possibly could have been blown at the time of this race.

I've also raced couple GS-Rs on the freeway and they are not that fast. I stuck with them all the way to about 110MPH but then they kinda pull slowly away. Those GS-R engines are freakin loud....

Raced a IS300 on a rolling position of about 20-30mph. We stuck to about 80mph until we both let off cuz we saw a cop on the opposite direction citing a ticket. Anyways we ended up at the same light but he was busting a right and yelled "That was a close one!" hehe cool guy....The only reason we stuck from 30-80 was cuz he had some people in his car so I had the weight advantage. Then again he is RWD with 220+ HP....ehhh

·
Registered
268 Posts
I dont think that I could tell anybody that I was eaten by a civic. The only L I have taken was to a Pralude with NOS. It happend on the freeway. We got up to about 120mph I mean I was right there with this guy. Then he hit. He pulled on me kinda hard. He only was in front by about 5 lengths so I did not really feel too bad. That was before I had headers and CAI. Wasnt a bad run for a G with a POP charger.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
C'mon guys... we don't need another I beat XXX street racing thread... what have you guys done at the track? I know some of you have had to go to the track to race at one point.... Use that stuff as examples, not street racing stories.

·
Registered
432 Posts
but, but, but just one more

I was tailing this shit brown 93 4dr Civic then I noticed a Type R muffler aswell as a 5 bolt conversion with Type R rims. We were entering a freeway on ramp and were both in second gear side by side and we both punched it, I started gaining a bit untill I heard insanely loud VTEC then he pulled 2 car lenghts on me then he shifted to third and gained another so I stopped, went home and cried

1 - 9 of 9 Posts