Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

smoked tail lights

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  casual 
#1 ·
sup guys, im new to the forum group. you probably think im a moron, but i need to know the easiest way to smoke my p10 tails out.

#2 ·
the easiest way is to buy some smoke spray from your local Auto shop. in the UK we have a halfords that sells it. basically the kindof shop that sells aftermarket stuff like clear repeaters and spray paint etc etc.

Kev

#3 ·
Take out your lawn chair, roll up the illegal stuffs, light it with a lighter - voila! Enjoy it next to your very own tail light :)

But seriously, someone suggested to buy the spray and give it lots of coats. I doubt the similar effect as tinting though.....

#6 ·
Yeah I did alot of digging and research on the Sentra sites about this. I found out Testors makes a tint spray for hobby cars that should work nice. U can get it from WalMart.

Me and a friend actually thought about the whole window tint over the light thing--BUT never found any1 that has done it.

I saw an old Caprice that looked like he had clear tails and then put the tint over them--it came out pretty clean..

#8 ·
my tail lights

ok..sorry it took so long but I have a pic of mine after I finished them..go to the website on the bottom of my accesories and go there..It looks really good.I have had alot of compliments..I used SPW spray after taking the lights off..we just sprayed about 20 coats on there and viola! It took all of an hour and a half and I think they look great.

#14 ·
i dont know, i got mines from a local speedshop for only $8 it was imported from Europe and ive noticed EVERYONE else not just G20 owners who have smoked out their tailights, dont have clearcoat on them orsomething it doesnt shine its dull. When i bought the spray i specifically asked and they showed me that the bottle said it did. Chech out my pics i smoked them out like 5 months ago. I only did 2 coats and it was dark enough that cherry red look. Everyone thinks their aftermarket or i sprayed the inside, because when you feel it it doesnt feel like spray its smooth. Anyways go to the photo page for more pics, and i made them fade from inside dark to outside light

My Website

#15 ·
my plan is to get the so called "Gunmetal/Hyper Black" alteezas they just came out with for my Sentra. But Im going to tint them on the outside cuz thier not dark enuff and I cant stand that Honduh ALteeza look.Plus the darker lights will match my Black rims better.....

I just want to make sure I use a good spray and Im not sure IF I should smoke them black or red????

:paranoid:

#18 ·
Dude whatever you think looks best go for it!! Also go to speed and truck world for the spray every else they sell te expensive kind that doesnt shine.....that rhymed

#21 ·
Just buy the spray, and if its not the one i bought, buy some clearcoat to spray over it.

#22 ·
i ended up trying it and it does work!! and looks cool to until someone finds out what it is..
a friend of mine told me to spray over it a clearcoat or something to harden over it and it looks real nice but i didnt want the whole light smoked just wanted the red part so i took it off

casual

#24 ·
Re: smoked tails

jadainc19 said:
i was wondering if i smoked my tails with window tint, will it peel when i wash my car. and also will it look nice on my car cause i have black racing rims with racing tires, my g20 is a 1993 model. Does anybody think it will look ok? and will it peel?
window tint is made for glass thats why its window tint it will not stick to plastic like it does on windows.

jadainc19 said:
so it want peel if i wash it? i think im goin to try it. So if i spray my tails can i get them really dark? will people be able to see my brake light? can i pass an inspection?

get the spray workes great. youy can go dark. i have about 4-5 coats on mine and there very dark and light shones threw fine.

#25 ·
The type of spray contained in the can lets light pass through. I already tried the window tint a while back, but it doesnt bend so it wont stay. They actually have a product that is a film like window tint made for the tailights, i saw it on AF once a while back which modivated me to smoke out my tails. Over time though, i only did 3 coats, it starts fading away little by little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.