Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my alternator belt broke last month. I put a new one on and sure enough It broke or came off this morning! I am so pissed! The belt started squeeling two days after I put it on and figured it just needed a little tightening. I thought it was a little loose when I first installed it but it wasn't making any noise at the time so I let it be. Then when it started making noise I didn't have the time to tighten it. I was planning on doing it this weekend. Man I've been having some really bad luck lately! Everyone make sure you do things right the first time. Your only screwing yourself if you don't! It's going to be freezing out there today when I'm trying to do this!

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
robkris8079 said:
Well my alternator belt broke last month. I put a new one on and sure enough It broke or came off this morning! I am so pissed! The belt started squeeling two days after I put it on and figured it just needed a little tightening. I thought it was a little loose when I first installed it but it wasn't making any noise at the time so I let it be. Then when it started making noise I didn't have the time to tighten it. I was planning on doing it this weekend. Man I've been having some really bad luck lately! Everyone make sure you do things right the first time. Your only screwing yourself if you don't! It's going to be freezing out there today when I'm trying to do this!
I would figure an overtightened belt would break but not a loose one. Unless it just came off.

I say you start producing the covers and sills to get your luck back! :nervous:

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went back and picked the belt up on the highway (there was a warranty, gonna get my money back!). It is definately snapped. The belts were very loose. I think I might have been able to pull it right off the pulley. Only thing I can think of was that it was going to fall off and got caught up on the edge of the pulley and it cut right through it. I don't know though.

Cover's and sills? Didn't think there was anyone interested. Everyone stopped buying the sills and people were complaining about the mounting on the plug covers and that the pieces were bending. Which is from over tightening the screw. BTW I still have my stainless door sills on my car after over 2 years and they still look brand new!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
u made plug covers? i'm bout to buy one from england, got any more?

P.S. I have no educated input regarding the alternator belt. :cheeky:

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I made stainless steel plug covers as well as SS door sills. There should be a ton of post regarding both of those on hear and the sr forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts