Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I thought my service manual would help clear things up, but after a conversation with a friend of mine I'm just as confused. I bought my G20 at the end of February. The woman I bought it from said it was a 93.5. Under the hood would tell you a different story. I have the High port head and AIV, which would lead me to believe it was a 93, not a 93.5. But in my service manual with the 93.5 supplement it says that the VIN's on 93.5 start at JNKCP01D*PT450021, which mine is after. That would lead me to believe I have a 93.5. However, on some other posts I've read that people have 93.5's with High Port and no AIV, and others with low ports. What's the deal? Is there any definitive answer? It's been said before that the 93.5 is pretty much just whatever Nissan had lying around from the old engine in combination with new things. It's not really a super important question, but a confusing quandary nonetheless.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Chrome handles, new grill, manual seat belts, passanger side airbag. That's what I usually what I use to determine it is 93.5 and above.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Another obvious giveaway: Body color moulding on the 93.5 and up vs. black all the way around on the 91-93.

·
Registered
23 Posts
kbslacker said:
Chrome handles, new grill, manual seat belts, passanger side airbag. That's what I usually what I use to determine it is 93.5 and above.
I have wondering the same thing on my 93.5. It has the black door handles (soon to be chrome thanks to Kbslacker), passenger and driver side airbags, manual seat belts and the new grill I am not sure about. Does the new grill have chrome around it? It also has the high port head and the PAIR valve with its PAIRC-solenoid valve. All the same stuff my 92 has on it. It also has R-134a air conditioning. It was made in 8/93. So I think I got some of this and some of that (left over parts?) not that any of this matters to me I still LOVE my G. Oh yea it has painted side moldings and keyless entry and one nice SANDBAG cup holder that sits over the e-brake just in front of the leather pillow armrest.

2G's

:beard:

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
Well if you think of the differences between 91-93 and the 94-96 and your car is a mismatch of both styles then put it in the middle.

Example

My Car

-93 Grille
-93 Door handles
94- Painted side molding
94- Real seatbelts
94- Two Airbags
94- A/C

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine is the same including

-93 highport

I'm not really sure about the side mouldings though cause the car is black.

Joe

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
uh huh...

...and my 93.5 has normal seatbelts.. is there someone without normal seatbelts on a 93.5?

I've heard from the dealer that the 93.5 stuff didn't even match the manual because of the mis-match of parts between 93 and 94 etc. etc. and that you won't know exactly what upgrades it has until you fiddle around with the car...

IE.. my 93.5 has the newer tranny but had an old part (some electrical thing for the tranny shifting located in the engine compartment near the hood on the driver side on the inside fender) --- did that make sense?

...anyway... the 93.5 is sort of a pot-luck G20 in my opinion!

And I'm sure mine will confuse more people because it has chrome handles and matching body molding trim but a Primera Grill... LOL:lol: :paranoid:

·
Registered
97 Posts
trbobrk said:
Well if you think of the differences between 91-93 and the 94-96 and your car is a mismatch of both styles then put it in the middle.

Example

My Car

-93 Grille
-93 Door handles
94- Painted side molding
94- Real seatbelts
94- Two Airbags
94- A/C
You just described my car exactly.

In my opinion 93.5 is the best, as it combines the best of both worlds. :)

Also, there is a pre/post production run for the 93.5 cars. Whenever I get parts they ask if it was made before or after a certain date. My car is the later version I think, built 8/93.

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
yeah...

I think it has to do with a cross over to many of the 94 parts like the newer style tranny, lowport vs. highport etc. etc. but I'm just guessing...

I dunno that I'd agree with the idea of the 93.5 being the best of both worlds... I like the chrome door handles and I like the full body color of the 96 G20s (no black/dark brown lower panels)... and with the wierd mix on the 93.5, you never really know if you have the new or old part in your car.. AT least with the 94, you know for sure what the upgrades are...

Having the 93.5 does make life interesting though!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, that's what I figured. The 93.5 is a mutt, but a distinguished breed of mutt. Thanks for the help in clarifcation. Now I know that I'm not crazy and I can keep my sig the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.