Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was excited that my VC finally got in. It was packaged so well it took me about 10min to get it open and then I heard a little sound like something fell apart. Sure Enough....

But I'm still happy it's very high quality!

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
damn, that's f*cking shiny! that's a great polish job. now throw it on and take pics!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probably wont install for a while....And It's not powder coated it's polished. It is painted in the wire valley however.....

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
looks awesome, run some rtv around that spot and torque that sucker down, with rtv all around it should hopefully hold. just have to cross your fingers...
i suppose you run the risk of blowing that chunk out though

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's what I was worried about was the chunk missing......I know the gasket can probably do its job but that makes me kinda nervous, with a new motor and all.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I wonder if you can run a tiny bit of JB weld on it and some sort of silicone or even like superglue, Hell, I dont know something would work I'm sure.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
take a pic from underneth of the break. if it is not broken on the inside edge were it hold s the gasket you should be all good

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
p10det said:
take a pic from underneth of the break. if it is not broken on the inside edge were it hold s the gasket you should be all good
Um yeah...Mike that could cause a problem...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Your OK, the inside lip is not broken, and the gasket will be kept in its position. I would just epoxy it back on.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
JB weld that bitch back in and it will never move. Motor isn't really pressurized so you won't be blowing it away. Looks great overall!

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I actually think you will be fine, the inner lip is good from what i can see. not need to apoxy anything. i think it will seal nicely if you use scotch bright pad nd brke clen to get all surfaces on head clean you should not have any issues at all. if you feel the need rub a real thin layer of rtv on the gasket bottom around the area.i really think you will be ok.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I was thinking of epoxying it on there just for looks...so he doesn't have a chunk missing out of his shiny vc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts