Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regardless i think i will get one. But while i was browsing the other thread s gettin input on the car, i was wondering is the car gonna be to slow for me. I read someone say something about even if you put money into it you probally still wont keep up with the a civic. And boy was that turnoff. I love seeing these things hooked up and i have alot of plans when i get my own. :drool:

So does this thing have anyhope of being the least bit quick without shelling out money for a cheap @$$ civic? Can anyone compare the stock differences between this and a '93 generation camry. (im so tired of the car, iswear 5 out of 10 drivers have one)

Oh yea this place is great alot of info. Almost anything you need.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You can probably get about 150-160whp out of one with bolt ons and cams. That's plenty of power to keep up with most cars. You won't be screaming past STi's and EVO's with that power, but it's definitely enough to get around town. Figure most people will average mid-high 14's or so, given that much power in a G20.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Doesnt sound bad at all. I don't want to blow past anything but i would be great to keep up or at least show some pull on the highways and stuff. Im not lookin to race anytime soon. But i mean damn at least keep up with a stock Maxima.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you read into a getting a DET or doing a DE+T? That would be your best bet if you want to be pretty fast, but you'll probably have a lot of research to do.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Crank / Wheel / Wheel power to weight
  • 2005 3.5 Stock Altima SE 3227lb
    250 / 201whp / 0.06228
    249 / 227wtq. / 0.07034
  • 1999 G20t with mods 2936lb
    281 / 230whp / 0.07847
    236 / 204wtq. / 0.06948
That is with a theoretical CARB legal P11 ('99 G20) that I could realistically build (many engine tricks I know including using rare parts such as a JWT CARB turbo kit). [No major weight reduction.]

The 3.5 Altima is slightly faster than (depending on how you measure "fast") the Maxima with nearly the same HP and torque to weight.

If CARB is not a problem a moderate (250 to 300 whp) after market turbo system added to the G20 (DE+T) should in result in enough get-up to take on all or nearly all stock cars in Nissan's current line up.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
CaspaX said:
Can anyone compare the stock differences between this and a '93 generation camry.
Roughly stock
'93 Camry V6 > '99 G20

'93 Camry I4 < '99 G20

There are too many variables to know exactly what you want to compare (7 various Camry sedans in '93 and 2 G20 sedans in '99). Plus I do not know the powertrain loss on the Camry...

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I drove a slightly modded s13 fastback before my 99 g20. The s13 was definately much faster. I also drove a few 150hp audi a4's and they felt exactly the same as the G. I too thought that my G was going to be very slow stock. In the beginning it was. That was until I realized that there is more power to be had abover 5k rpms. In the 240 there really wasn't too much point in bringing the rpms over 5.5k or so. There just wasn't any more juice. So when I got the G I was driving it the same way. This made the car feel much slower than it was. One day I just let her rip from a stop. I was pleasanty surprised by the power. It felt peppy and sporty. Plus there's always the turbo option. There isn't really many aftermarket parts for the p11 but there are plenty of factory parts out there like manifold, injectors etc...

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
tealturboser said:
so you think i can run a mid 14 in mine with s3's header and pop charger?
You'll probably need a flywheel, exhaust, etc.. to get there. S3's, header and a pop charger is probably in the range of 135-140whp? You may see high 14's with that setup, but mid 14's would be a stretch in a heavier P11.

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
JustinP10 said:
You'll probably need a flywheel, exhaust, etc.. to get there. S3's, header and a pop charger is probably in the range of 135-140whp? You may see high 14's with that setup, but mid 14's would be a stretch in a heavier P11.
thats not bad, this is just cruising for now until the turbo install, i want to take it to the track before the install to get a good time in

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea you guys are great and i did look into the +T engines. Expensive though. But people make it seem like the car is extremely slow. And in the older post i heard the same thing that if your in higher gears the car moves much quicker. Thanks alot people keep addin your input.

You would think the car is fast judguing by the name and looks. And all those guys on cardomain look like they're car makes moves.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i agree, sure the g20 is a little on the slower side..but it has alot more torque then a civic has..lol..but once you get going, you will be flying..g20's are a little slow and sluggish on the low end..but once you get that speed up, your deffinately moving!

and yes, because of it's size, it has that sporty, bumpy ride to it..overall..i love my G20, the best thing about it...it corners like a monther F%$#@R!!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My only complaint is I have the auto. :rolleyes:
My favorite time is @ around 4500 rpm or above. I have a CAI and advanced timing. I'm sure that the S3R Cams and an exhaust and I will be just fine. As far as a Civic goes, you can make a luxury car fast but you cant make that Civic Luxury. :p :p :p

1 - 20 of 95 Posts