Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
205k so far and running better than ever. Question for the 200k+ folks: What oil are you using? I'm on 10w30 Castrol GTX. I know there's a High Mileage version of the oil and was wondering if it mattered if I switched or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is only 238K - 99 P11 Automatic. I'm wondering if it will go to 400K or not. It's on original suspension and yet not leak on the struts, should I consider replacing the suspension parts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Up to 240k now. Starting to feel power loss and more oil consumption now but she still runs smooth.

Anyone have cures to slow down the oil consumption at all? I'm already using 10w30 Castrol GTX High Mileage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just over 170k on mine and run t6 for summer and mobile 1 0w-40 for winter and she runs great. Just small leaks out my valve cover and oil pan.

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
the one in his white car is original. It was mine, then sold to my dad, then dane bought it. It needed a lot of engine work when i got it and the transmission was dead, should have over 400,000 by now

Also, define rebuild.... replacing everything on it, or just if you pull the pistons out and hone and new rings?

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Also, define rebuild.... replacing everything on it, or just if you pull the pistons out and hone and new rings?
Sorry I wasn't clear enough but...

If the engine was opened up and things replaced (yes this means just new rings translates to rebuilt) then it no longer qualifies.

I was interested to see which sr20 in a g20 has lasted the longest Without being touched (factory sealed if you will) so the only things changed were things like normal maintenance including water pump, spark plugs, chain tensioner, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket but NOTHING internal to the engine itself (this includes NOT replacing a head gasket, valve job, etc.)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I think most people that still own these cars are G20 enthusiast and already replaced the slow sr20de. The average commuter rather have a civic or corolla so you will see those cars with alot of miles on the original engine.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts