Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I think most people that still own these cars are G20 enthusiast and already replaced the slow sr20de. The average commuter rather have a civic or corolla so you will see those cars with alot of miles on the original engine.
I think you might be surprised at how many have NOT changed the stock sR20de like the 99 p11 I know about (because it used to be our own car) that now has 248k on it with no swap or engine rebuild (they do exist just not as common obviously)

·
Registered
109 Posts

Just taken two weeks ago. Planning to retire it soon. Pretty sure it can hit 400k but it is having trouble with smog now and rattles like an ice cream truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a noob to the group & this post is old but my 99 G20 has 312,xxx. Not 100% sure if the engine is original, I picked it up a few months ago for $500. PO said it was seized. Lol, I towed it home did regular maintenance plugs & plug wires, oil change, new battery, fresh gas...BAMMM, she started right up, ive been dailying it for about 3 months w/ no issues. Probably gonna need a A/T transmission in the near future.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Check the block number and it should match your dash vin # if it's original. Same with transmission tag #

·
Registered
920 Posts
I keep waiting for someone to get to 500,000 MILES on their original engine (without a rebuild or anything other than normal maintenance)
I'm sure someone has. I see 300k bone stock ones in the yard all the time still with good motors, usually the trans bad. I have seen Chevy 350's with upper 400k mile stock engines and the SR20 is a lot better engine. Out of all the SR cars we have we probably have 170k miles between them all. It would take forever to get 500k on one of them as little as we drive.

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Not a G, but my friend has a 91 SE-R w/ 414k on it. All original motor and trans except for 5th gear popout repaired.
NICE.. and that's the highport too!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts