Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SoCal meet was today (6/29/02) and it was an outstanding success (hence the title ;) ). We had a total of 9 people show. I had expected to see more P11's out there but only 3 showed up. The other six of us were P10's although George (spdqust) couldn't bring his USCC entry show car as it's not registered. :*( Big thanks to Pat (Yahnozha) for making it out there during his busy schedule. And thanks to everyone else that showed. You are all really great guys.

The meet went like this. We all met at an empty parking lot in Long Beach at 1pm. Well it was supposed to be 1pm, we had a few stragglers, but no matter. We all parked next to eachother and got a chance to look at eachother's cars and take some photos (they should be uploaded soon). Everyone agreed that Ron (Blue) had the best wheels. There will be pictures of them I believe. But after hangin in the parking lot for about an hour and a half, six of us walked over to Hooters and had some lunch, as the other's had to leave early. At Hooters we just talked cars, and general chat. We had a great time!

It has been decided that we will have another meet soon but details are yet to be figured out. I hope to see more of you SoCal guys show up to the next one as this one was a lot of fun. Till then, Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
59 Posts
next meeting?

that was a pretty cool line up of
gdubs today.

next meet should be in LA area. after that maybe OC...

all the cars out today had there own unique touch. i had fun.
a bit nervous meeting a bunch of people from the internet, especially after pulling up an hour late....

thanks for a good day....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Damn, I know I missed out (had to work). Ya'll would of seen all the cool stuff on my p11 :evil: ! Next meet has to be at Balboa Park or on a Weekday like Friday!

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
damn sorry i couldnt make it like i said i would, unexpected things came up. congrats on the successful meet!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thanks to all who came! It was cool so see so many G's and different colors also. Good group of people. There are some pics at the link in my sig. I'll scan some of the individual car pics when I'm at work since I'll have a better connection. My scanned pics aren't too good because I'm on dial up at home so I hope you guys have time to post your pics. :p

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Poor p11 line-up (ONLY 2 CARS!):*( I am assuming that that is Yahonoza and Freaktroll's cars. The p10 line-up looks awesome. Alright time for plans on the next meet..!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
wickedG20 said:
Poor p11 line-up (ONLY 2 CARS!):*( I am assuming that that is Yahonoza and Freaktroll's cars. The p10 line-up looks awesome. Alright time for plans on the next meet..!
That's right. There was one more P11 that came (longbeachdub) later but I already ran out of film. Someone else should have the pics. It's funny because mostly P11's saying they were coming, but more P10's actually came. :p

·
Registered
586 Posts
Glad to hear that the meet went well, maybe if you plan a few more later for this year (like around October), I'll drive out instead of flying when I come to visit So. Cal =)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
littlerudegirl said:
Glad to hear that the meet went well, maybe if you plan a few more later for this year (like around October), I'll drive out instead of flying when I come to visit So. Cal =)

That would be awesome. I'm sure we will schedule one around then.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What do you guys say to a meet July 12, 2002. (is it too early for you guys?) We should probably select a choice that was runner up to Long Beach. (How about Balboa Park & Lake?)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
July 12th is a little early. I was thinking more around the end of the month when people have returned from vacation and are getting ready to go to school. So July 27/28 would be awesome IMO. As for the location I'm cool with Balboa park. But the greater LA area has been mentioned quite a bit, so perhaps Santa Monica? I dunno. I'll start a new thread on this in a few days after I see what happens with the poll.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
BritCG20 said:
Big thanks to Pat (Yahnozha) for making it out there during his busy schedule.
Dude, it was my pleasure. Its always good to see what other ppl are doing with their cars. I definately had a good time, unfortunately business did call and I couldnt hang out at Hooters. Oh well, theres always next time....

wickedG20 said:
Poor p11 line-up (ONLY 2 CARS!):*( I am assuming that that is Yahonoza and Freaktroll's cars.
Well there was one more that did show up and we did represent fairly well with what we had. I was definately suprised to see more P10's than P11's

littlerudegirl said:
I'll drive out instead of flying when I come to visit So. Cal =)
If you do, and take I-40 out, youll have a place to stay if you dont want to drive all 20+ hours in one shot.... ;)

Ive posted most of the photos I took for the meet, sorry they are kinda small but you get the point. You can see the photos here

www.customsteel.com/2001/G20/CAtrip/

On a side note, I did hook up with Tony Yu that sunday to pick up a motor to start my engine project. He is a way cool guy, and was bummed he couldnt make it out to the meet. and just for your info you CAN fit a SR20 engine into the back of a G with room to spare. check it out. (www.customsteel.com/2001/G20/CAtrip/Engine.jpg)

Well, if Im in CA for the next big meet Ill definately make more time to hang out....so whats up with a TX meet????

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yahnozha said:

If you do, and take I-40 out, youll have a place to stay if you dont want to drive all 20+ hours in one shot.... ;)

Well, if Im in CA for the next big meet Ill definately make more time to hang out....so whats up with a TX meet????
[email protected]
Thanks for the offer, actually I was kinda thinking about taking a weekend and coming out your way sometime soon, think you can hook me up with getting my tounge pierced? :lol:

And as for a TX meet, I suppose I could try to rally one up, ohhh, we could do a big ol' Nissan/Infiniti meet... where's Geo 2???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts