Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Monthly SoCal meets

• Hell yeah!!

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yes, but not the last weekend of the month.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, too much effort.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • What!? Brit are you crazy?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, if you guys think we ought to make our meet a monthly event. Like the last weekend of every month. Cast you vote and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
But where would this meet be? I'm not too keen on getting all the way up to L.A. *or even further north* every month. The 5 is a real :x .

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point I was thinking it could change location every month as does the activity. I'm hoping if this keeps up that eventually we'll have a big enough crowd that we could have a dyno day or a day at a track event.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on people we have only six votes and 29 views. I know there's more of you out there as we had 9 show up for the meet. Please cast your votes.

·
Registered
354 Posts
alright the once a month meet sounds cool and i'm in. A suggestion to where to meet can be at Irwindale Race Track on thursday or sunday. We can race, and there is a huge ass parking lot we can meet in. ANother place can be the Gelson's Parking Lot in Dana POint. "take the 5 exit Crown Valley and take crown valley all the way to PCH. The lot is at the corner of pch and crownvalley" these are just suggestions
pz out
nick

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
HOW FAR?!

I think its a pretty good idea, but only if the turnout is good. I think the major problem with it is the distance factor. Everybody seems to be so spread out in the SoCal area. I would be in for sure if it was at the Gelsons in Dana Point as suggested in the last post, just because it is right down the street from me, but I'm not really down with driving to Long Beach every month if only a few guys are showing up. Maybe if we made it into more of an SR20 meet thing where nissans showed up as well, then it would be more desirable for everybody. Just a thought;)

As for not voting, its because none of those options acurately pinpoints my view. I didnt see a choice for... "I really want to have them once a month, but not if its really far away, or nobody shows up...":p

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: HOW FAR?!

freaktroll said:
Maybe if we made it into more of an SR20 meet thing where nissans showed up as well, then it would be more desirable for everybody. Just a thought;)

As for not voting, its because none of those options acurately pinpoints my view. I didnt see a choice for... "I really want to have them once a month, but not if its really far away, or nobody shows up...":p

Well, having an SR20 meet would defeat the purpose of a "G20" meet. But I would like to see all you guys out there at the SoCalSERCA meets. As I mentioned before, I would like to get enought of us going to our meets that I would feel confident in organizing a dyno day or a track day just for us. When I say track I mean road track not drag track.

As for the poll, I was just trying to see if the idea of monthly events was cool with everyone and trying to see if the last weekend of the month would be a good time to have them. Distance and location isn't important to know at this time, it can be figured out later.

But as the last weekend of the month is comming up in two weeks, a location and specific time needs to be determined. I'm up for either of those locations as long as it's on Fri-Sat.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yeah, I definately prefer to have a G20 meet than an all SR20 meet. So how about the meet coming up at the end of the month? Brit, since you seem to have taken the role as "president", you pick the date and location. Just a suggestion, the 26th of July at Balboa Park. =)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wickedG20 said:
So how about the meet coming up at the end of the month? Brit, since you seem to have taken the role as "president", you pick the date and location. Just a suggestion, the 26th of July at Balboa Park. =)

Well, thank you for designating me "president" but I will not be a dictator. So I will post a new thread regarding our meet at the end of this month with a poll with a few locations and a day.

·
Registered
354 Posts
alright lets first pick a county in southern california. Are we going to meet in LA or in Orange County??? I dont care i drive from orange country to la 3 times a week. What about everyone else out there, you guys want to meet in LA or in Orange COunty

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I really prefer Balboa Park, Balboa Lake area in the Valley. It was runner-up at the last poll. It is a great location w/ lots of shade. Been there a couple of times, what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I say the Gelsons Parkinglot in Laguna Beach...lol other then the fact that i live right ontop of it (white condos behind gelsons) but its right by the beach, its a big parking lot with nice breeze always blowing through it and we can cruize down PCH

afterwards. ALSO we can meet up in the Rose Bowl Parking Lot, (lol the cops the caught me racing there wonts appreciate seeing my face again) but its a big beautiful parkinglot surrounded my grass and its right by my house too lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
lol no its not

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Laguna isn't that far. I will admit that it's a bit of a drive, but you must remember we are trying to include people from Ventura, LA, Orange, San Diego, and San Bernadino counties. So Laguna Niguel is actually quite a central location if you think about it. The location will be changing everytime so there's no need to worry about location so much. But also, this is a car club, you should like driving. ;)
I'm gonna check out some locations in LA this week then I will post a poll. I think Sunday 28 will be the best day as this gives us the most options for locations and most everybody won't be working. What do you guys think? Sunday sound good to you?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
you might have to count me out if its on a weekend again. only reason I didn't attend last time, I usually work weekends.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, it's either Friday or Sunday for me. So guy's which day is better for you. I know Friday is better for Wicked so who else would Friday be better for than Sunday or Saturday?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Doh!

Sorry about that last post... I wasn't really thinking (working to much ya know:-\ ) I was just reading it and heard what a downer i am:depressed ....
But anyway, you guys are right, a G20 thing is better, i guess i was hoping for a little better P11 turn out (not that i didnt appreciate seeing all the P10s lined up when i drove in=) ) And it is a car club, and an hour out of the way isnt that far. So count me in for the next one. I am soooo down with the track day thing if that ever gets enough momentum.

I also wanted to check out the San Diego connection... How many of you guys from SD want to go to the next one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts