Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so 1 month ago I got new brakes all around. Worked out beautifully no problems noticed.

Last week, I got my tires changed, balanced and aligned for the winter.

Now, whenever I turn left and only left, and I do a U-turn (steering wheel must be as far left as possible), there is a rubbing/grinding sound. It sorta sounds like its my brakes again (doesnt rly make sense), but how can this be related to the new tires?

Anyone have any ideas?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
is it rubbing on the fender well? (the plastic lining)

new tires can = bigger tires can = rubbing on turns. it happens. turn it all the way and get out and look at it

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
i can think of two things why its doing it...

1) Check the brake shield(the little metal cover around the brakes)
2)u got the wrong size tires?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
for the brake sheild, to see if its the problem, go up to the wheel, poke the sheet metal behind the rotor, and push it back some. it may be touching the rotor. easiest fix i ever found out i had to do for a noise :p

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tires are P195/60/R14... Stock (i beleive) was P195/65/R14. Are my new tires supposed to rub by any chance with the stock suspension?

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
put some grease on your steering stops I bet the platick cap is gone and its gringing metal. confirm this by holding wheel all the way in tis direction and going over bumps if it is induces than you know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts