Damn, this GB went horribly wrong. Btw; on the Dutch NCN forum we had a GB of these OEM covers too (I did not participate), which went well and I have not heard any complaints.
i will keep tryin for slimlou/\/\ I think it's good of you to still be here instead of just disappearing. I just think in Lou's case it doesn't make sense to deny him a refund because of his location. He sounds ready and willing to ship you the parts back, and possibly even go half on shipping. Sounds more than fair enough.
In the other cases, if you're waiting to get the defective parts back, that's fair enough IMHO.
from now on i will try to keep stuff better orginized so that theres less trouble down the road, oem is a good company i just think some stuff got screwed up an stuff, mark tryed to get everything out in a timely fashion, which may be why stuff ended up the way it did, on the group buy for the netherlands guys, he took his time, an like i said, no complaintsLynch: No one's grilling you. You were just trying to help out. Thanks.
I got my refund but somewhere I thought we were supposed to receive s/h refund back too, but I guess that's not going to happen after the "site" changed with a disclaimer stating that buyer is responsible for s/h; ie no refunds.
At no point during my many communicatios was it disclosed that non-USA orders were final sale. Had I known this up front and not six weeks after, I would have not joined the GB. To date, they have still done NOTHING NOR ACKNOWLEDGE the missing hardware & gasket issue.
I WILL say this, any future sales of OEM's products or services offered on this forum, I WILL chime in with warnings to others about this GB and my personal experience with them. That's for sure.
A perfect example of their "Out of Country" policy is a sad excuse, I purchased a 1:18 diecast car from a US eBay seller a few months ago. One of the three models was damaged when it arrived. I contacted the seller & explained the issue (along with pics). Without hesitation, they sent me a replacement model @ thier expense before I could suggest shipping back the damaged one first. Along with shipping out the replacement, I was told to hold onto the damaged model until they got word back from AUTOart what to do with it. Four weeks later, they send me an email telling me to keep to damaged model! Now that's customer service! We're talking about a $100US+ model PLUS another $25US s/h at THEIR expense!