Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having a problem w/ my g20 lately. The spark plug wires (wire 2 and 3, mostly 3) are popping out while I'm driving and I'm forced to pull over on the road and secure them again. They just pop out and I force them in securely (until it clicks in) every time. The only maintenance work I did on the car before was get the oil changed. Now I did check the oil stick and it was wayyyy high (past the second bent notch, there was also a bit of oil residue on the spark plug opening) so I dropped that down to normal but could the reason lie in another potential problem I am not aware of? thanks!

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Is the engine shaking a lot? It's pretty hard to get wires to pop loose without some sort of force. Just to be sure, make sure your plugs are tightened down securely. The oil residue in the holes is probably just because of leaky VC gasket donuts. How long ago were your wires replaced? Changing them should fix the popping out problem if you don't have any excessive engine vibration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My engine USED to shake excessively and the engine light came on for that so I had it checked and it turned out that the engine mount needed to be replaced. I'm not sure if the cables have ever been replaced but when i go to pull them out manually they are extremely hard to remove (like a vacuum) and yes they are very secure.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I ran into this problem on my Integra...are the spark plug wires aftermarket? or from the dealer? The integras wires kept popping off until I purchased a different brand from the same place. Fit a lot more snug and stopped popping off...hope that helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies, the spark plugs were not recently replaced so I do not think that is the problem however I will check their condition and whether they have gotten loose. Also, how do I know if the VC gasket is faulty? there's only a tiny bit of oil in the holes, not an excessive amount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about not being too clear, it's not outside of the cover, it's like at the opening of the "O" where you install the spark plug... does that clarify it? so basically it's at the cover area of the spark plug wire (the part you feel "click" in)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts