Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the spark plugs on my 2002 G20 this past weekend with NGK PFR6B-11 plugs (I confirmed the gap is 0.043"). 5 days later, the SES light goes on. After getting the error code, it points to rear O2 sensor.
Subsequently I changed the plug wires, distributor cap and rotor also. The light went on again after I reset it.
Later on I found out that the normal spark plug should be NGK PFR5G-11. The PFR6B-11 that I used is "cold plug".
Does anyone konw what is the difference between PFR5G-11 & PFR6B-11 plugs? Would that trigger the error code for rear O2 sensor if I used PFR6B-11 instead.
I really don't want to spend another fifty something bucks to get the "normal" spark plugs if it is not going to solve the problem. Also the O2 sensor is not cheap neither.
Thanks in advance to you all technical guys out there.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
your spark plugs would not affect your rear o2 sensor. both of those plug types should be fine. iv used both

most likely your rear o2 is just plain bad... replace it.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
BKR6e's are under $2 a plug and work phenominally. I use them in my p10 as well as my p11. I still don't understand why everyone buys these crazy expensive plugs. Copper FTW!

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
i paid 50 bucks for some hks plugs one time. i will buy 2 sets most of the time and index the plugs.

yeah ,it sounds like the rear o2 went bad on ya.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
I haven't spend 50 bux in plugs yet and my car has racked up 206k miles.

If it's the rear O2 just drive with the SES on. It won't hurt anything, just periodically check and make sure that is the only code. I drove for a year with a bad rear 02.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
rear o2 is easy....o wait u have a p11 ,,,,its a bit hard to get to it, but its a simple replacemtn

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
hey Dabrits, did U do it yourself or take it to a shop. How much did it cost U?
I did it myself and even wrote a How To on how to change out the O2 sensors. It was very VERY easy, done with basic hand tools in about 20 minutes (i was BSing as I went). I just bought the rear sensor from www.everythingg20.com for a little over $100. Get their phone number off of the site and call, ask for Justin. Tell him your VIN and that you're a member and it should be cheaper.

here is the How To

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85834

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Here's my funny story about my rear O2 change. I have a 99 so my set up is slightly different then the RR's.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I did it myself and even wrote a How To on how to change out the O2 sensors. It was very VERY easy, done with basic hand tools in about 20 minutes (i was BSing as I went). I just bought the rear sensor from www.everythingg20.com for a little over $100. Get their phone number off of the site and call, ask for Justin. Tell him your VIN and that you're a member and it should be cheaper.

here is the How To

How come i can't get to that link. I do not have permission to access this page.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

here is the How To

Thanks for the quick reply. The link that you posted I cannot access. It gave me an error saying I don't have the privilege B.S. (May be because I am new here) Can you cut and paste and put it on this post?

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. The link that you posted I cannot access. It gave me an error saying I don't have the privilege B.S. (May be because I am new here) Can you cut and paste and put it on this post?
Oh sorry, it's because you aren't a "sponsor." You have to donate like $20 to gnet and then you get access to a lot more than what you have access to now. There are tons of How Tos and other forums and stuff. I definitely think it is worth the 20 or so bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts