Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
You could probably make that setup work. You'd probably want another couple grand at least for unforseen expenses. ;)

The QR25 is actually physically smaller and lighter than the SR20. Should fit fine, don't know how the mounts line up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, money solves all those problems. In the case of dropping into the QR into the P10/P11 chassis, heh... you'll probably need a lot more $$$ to solve more than a few problems. Go for it though...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i dont have the money to try this, i just threw it up for conversational purposes. that should answer GDub's question. heh the idea of a brand new engine in my p10 sounds awesome, especially one that rips on the SR20DE...

oh well, i guess i'll just have to top them both with an SR20VE...soon...........soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tried, but it wouldn't fit. not even in the trunk! you figure it would fit there cause it belongs there! damn!

so bored and tired

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The mounts are totally different, but it could be doable. The critical part is getting either one of the SE-R transmissions to come over with it; even the five-speed is about 115% stronger than the ones in older Gs and Sentras, but the Max tranny (also used in the Spec-V) has that sweet HLSD.

Mike Kojima was making some rumblings about JWT designing a kit to fit just the Maxima/Spec-V tranny in older SE-Rs. If that worked, there's no reason the engine couldn't come with it. Honestly, I'd rather see if NISMO comes out with an LSD device for the Altima/SE-R tranny and use it instead of the Max/Spec piece...

The QR25 is turning out to be a most excellent N/A engine, though. SCC's rally car tuned by JWT is rolling around 175 WHP through the stock exhaust! Granted, it has cams and stuff, but still.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
If you're going for a more powerful N/A motor just get the SR20VE, at least at the price that guy is asking for the QR motor. Although that tranny would be nice, the gearing is a tad short in 1st and 2nd, but wouldn't be too bad, the thing i'd really like is the hlsd (right?). When I test drove a Spec V I was very suprised how well it hooked up, of course the 215 tires probably help with that too (even though they aren't the best tires stock).

With full bolt ons a G20 would be quicker than one with a stock QR motor in it. Figure they'd be about the same price to build too.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Gearing isn't the problem; redline is. The gearing in a Spec-V is nearly identical to mine, which isn't too short considering I have another 500-600 RPM to play with. I'm pretty sure that once the redline problem is taken care of, a QR will decimate an SR??VE. Boosting is another story...

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
the qr seems like a crappy engine to me... sorry qr fans... the sr is a gem of an engine stlll. however, if i see a qr in a g making it a g25 instead of a g20 i would think its cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts