Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put white face guages in my 91 g20 and now i can get the damn speedometer to work i cant get the cable to turn i put it back in the trans and i dont know if in getting it right or not i need help asap please anyone thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
speedometer cable

I have a 91 G20 which I have just pulled the gauge cluster and removed the speedometer cable at the transmission. I had difficulties as well getting the cable correctly back into the trans. If your problem is at the transmission connection the I suggest that you first get you a good flashlight and look at the "port" where the cable enters the transmission. The cable can only go in one way as there is a slot on the end of the cable which will slide into a groove in the "port" on the transmission. Once you have that inserted correctly then the threaded cap will scew on without difficulty to secure the cable to the transmission. If that end is right and your speedometer gauge does not work I suggeschecking your connection going into the gauge cluster. If that is correct then it may be your speedometer gauge needle may not be pushed on correctly. You may actually want to check that first. Beyond that I have no idea. Hope this is of help. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
When I took my gauge cluster off I had no problems at all getting the speedo working again. I would say just fiddle around with it until it feels like its really in there good.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Lemme guess...you got that Importintelligence stuff, right?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I know! I know!

I recently changed the bulbs in my intrument gauge cluster to red ones and I had to remove the whole thing... It's basically what dilligaf said:

1st~ Make sure you connect things right at the gauge cluster. The cable has to snap back in!

2nd~ You have to pull the 'metal' cable/pin through the plastic cable... Then on your trans, locate the threaded port where you unscrewed it the first time. You'll notice a lil' metal pipe-thing inside the threaded port, slide the tip of the metal cable into that lil' pipe-thing and then slide the threaded cable over and screw it back up!!

Now the CAUTIOUS and WARNING signs come here:
There is a lil' circle white-plastic-thing with a lil' circle rubber grommet around the 'metal-cable'!! Be careful NOT TO DROP it when you're reinstalling the cable in the threaded port!!! It has to go around that lil' pipe-thing and fit in before you start screwing the cap over the threaded port!!! It's very important that you DO NOT LOSE this lil' circle pin... cuz' due to the oil, it may easily slide over and fall off the cable tip!!!!!

Good Luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.