Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say that I am very happy to find this place.I bought a 95 g20 a few years ago and have never had any problems with it until just lately, and all that was was that it had to have a new clutch put in. when I got it back the pedal was just barely off the floor. the person who fixed said that it could not be adjusted, well thanks to this forum i found out he was wrong and i fixed it in about 15 minutes. now my problem is that my speedometer does not work. I see that there are 3 different wires in and around tranny that all seem to be hooked up. could he have hooked these up wrong? is there a wireing diagram that i can view to make sure that they are hooked up right? or could there be another problem? and if so what are the ways to trouble shoot it to find out what is wrong? thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Check out the fsm like Randy said. Also I'd check to see if the speedo sensor is plugged in. It’s located near the fire wall on the top of the tranny. Standing by the driver’s side wheel look at your fuel filter and down and to the left a bit (below the throttle body) on the tranny you should see the speedo sensor. I think it has two wires on it not to sure tho.

Good luck!
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the wires they all seem to be pluged in. now i know that this is going to sound foolish but i have searched about 10 parts houses online for a speed sensor and i cannot find one. the closet I got was an abs speed sensor which there are 4 different ons for each wheel. where can i get one? and also how do i know that this is my problem.all I know is that it worked fine before I had my clutch changed. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he was a friend of my father in law.HE does work on his cars. before I buy one of those is there a way i can make sure that it is the problem. i just got a ticket for 150.90 so it is not that bad of a deal. first one that i have got in over 20 years.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
If you download the FSM from Adam's site and look in the EC section you'll see the procedure for checking the speed sensor fault....it should cause a fault code, has it ??

And where it tells you to check the connectors, look at the EL section at the harness layout. There are a few connections it tells you to check. One (E220) seems to be under the distributor area...

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
markbuts3 said:
If you download the FSM from Adam's site and look in the EC section you'll see the procedure for checking the speed sensor fault....it should cause a fault code, has it ??

And where it tells you to check the connectors, look at the EL section at the harness layout. There are a few connections it tells you to check. One (E220) seems to be under the distributor area...

thank you very I will give it a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
markbuts3 said:

I have looked in all 4 of them pdf files and have not found anything about a speed sensor. I have even used the search option and it says item not found.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts