Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a guide to installing springs for a p11?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Not yet. I'm taking out my TEINS this weekend I'll take lots of pics and do a write up for the site. I don't know when I'll be able to get it done though.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, yeah i just took off the wheel and attempted to take the springs out but with no luck. im not sure which bolt to loosen, is one of them near the top part of the shielding? wish i had a pic of it.

and can the instructions from b15sentra.net apply on the p11 also?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Akuma....sounds like you haven't done this before...it isn't like a honda...its abit different because of the multi-link suspension and multi-link beam....its easy in the rear but the front you should be careful of brake lines and such....also it is not safe at all to disassemble the shock assembly because the spring is compressed in there. If you do attempt to take the spring out without the proper tools and precaution you can really get hurt or damage something at least...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Sorry guys I said I was going to take a bunch of pics and stuff on the install but I had to contend with intermittent rain and chilly weather. Needless to say I just wanted to get it done. :nervous:

and can the instructions from b15sentra.net apply on the p11 also?
Only for the rear. Like tony said the front is totally different. Did you get a spring compressor?

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup got the spring compressor. do the brake lines need to be deattached?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
akuma810 said:
yup got the spring compressor. do the brake lines need to be deattached?
Just from the front. You'll see a little clip that needs to be removed so you can clear the line from the suspension. You need to do this otherwise you can't get the clearance to remove the shock, not to mention it's tough to get a socket or wrench on the bolt/nut if you don't remove it.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
go here

Look for a file called FrontSus.pdf (152K) its a PDF from the FSM for the 99 G that shows the entire front suspension as an exploded view, it may give you a better idea on what bolts to remove. I did this for someone else, but your welcome to it. Use the right click save target as function.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yahnozha... one word.. you own.. hahha ok 2 but watevers =) thanks!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
hey what manual are you using yahnozha? Were you the one that said that bought the FSM of some kind? which one did you get and let me know how well it is...thanks

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
akuma810 said:
Yahnozha... one word.. you own..
Uh....I didnt get it....:confused:

Ty: Yeah we did talk about it. I got it at www.books4cars.com ran about $156 with shipping and it is the Official Infiniti FSM. Its gong to come in real handy when my new/used SR20DE motor gets here....going to go a full rebuild, bored out turbo...I should be getting that motor by mid May.

Oh and the manual kicks ass, one problem, it doesn not contain many part numbers. The only part numbers Ive found are for the speciality tools that Nissan makes. I did find a parts sheet on ebay that was $15 and Ill be getting that soon. Ill post the part number pages in .PDF format for the world to see on my site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts