Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up people-- Question.. I just called ground control and the dude on the phone recommend i got spring rates of .. 400 for the front and 300 for the back.. What do you current ground control with agx strut owners think of that spring rate???.... if you think that spring rate suck... WHAT spring rate would you recommend???..all responses are appreciated.. thanks..

p.s They quoted me on a price of 925.00 for groundcontrol with agx struts hooked up to it.. .. i thought that was tight.. .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those sound like decent spring rates, at least from a handling perspective. May be a little stiff for the AGX's. As long as the AGX's can hold up, they should be fine.

Those are the spring rates I have on my ITS NX, but it weighs a good 600+lbs. less then a G20.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I bought 340/275 for my P10. I thought they were a bit jiggly with the AGX. So, I went to 275/200. The problem I have with this set-up is my front springs are too short and are coil binding. I need to get longer front springs and some Koni bump stops and raise the car up a bit and it should be OK, but I have not confirmed this, so don't go by my say so.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
TY, where the FUCK did you get that picture??=) =) =) :lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
hey tdog...I stole it from another guys avatar in another forum....when I saw it I knew I had to have it for alittle while....thought you guys would get a laugh out of it...

Geo is that what you run for driving around daily or do you change it up on the track or canyon driving...?

I think it will be totally different for our P11 since the rear suspension has changed completely....I wish we still had idependent rears like the P10s did...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
TY423 said:
Geo is that what you run for driving around daily or do you change it up on the track or canyon driving...?
I leave it there all the time. If I did a lot of DE events, I might play with the settings a bit, but then again, I'd probably swap springs too.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I see....What do you recommend or you think will probably be good for our P11s? Right now I'm thinking of just sticking with 350/300.... 400/300 seems abit too stiff up front...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just got mine installed, 300f/225r. The ride is very comfortable and corners better than with the Eibach Prokits. I still have to toy around with the settings on the AGXs but I don't really want to test its limits until I get it corner balanced and aligned.

Joe

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I think corner balancing is simply setting the height correctly on each corner so that the weight on each corner is balanced. For example if you had a 3200lbs car (with driver) with say a 55/45 weight distribution you'd want 1760lbs on the front wheels with 880lbs on each front wheel and 1440lbs on the rear wheels with 720lbs on each rear wheel. Sounds simple but changing one corner's height changes the weights on all the other corners.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:
I think corner balancing is simply setting the height correctly on each corner so that the weight on each corner is balanced. For example if you had a 3200lbs car (with driver) with say a 55/45 weight distribution you'd want 1760lbs on the front wheels with 880lbs on each front wheel and 1440lbs on the rear wheels with 720lbs on each rear wheel. Sounds simple but changing one corner's height changes the weights on all the other corners.
You generally won't get an even distribution across both fronts and both rears.

What you do with corner weighting is add up the cross-weights, i.e., LF/RR and RF/LR and even those weights out.

So in your example, your target cross weights would be 1600 lbs.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Geo said:

You generally won't get an even distribution across both fronts and both rears.

What you do with corner weighting is add up the cross-weights, i.e., LF/RR and RF/LR and even those weights out.

So in your example, your target cross weights would be 1600 lbs.
Ok! See what happens when you make assumptions kids! ;) You usually end up looking like an ass. :nervous:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
TY423 said:
talking to me?
No, no. Just to clarify, so when Geo reads my above comment. I'm calling my self an ass. :nervous: It kind of looks like i might be saying Geo is wrong but I'm admiting my lack of knowledge on the specifics of corner balancing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts