Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin bout droppin my car... wonderin what your guys' opinions on the best spring/shock setup was. Not lookin for coilovers. Trying to get the closest to stock ride. haha, i know everyone is lookin for that... but i just wanted to know some combos that you guys are runnin, and how the ride is, etc. Only looking for around a 1.5 inch drop. Was searching this topic, and saw that people like the Tein springs. I went to the Tein site, and was checkin out the stype springs... and they dont seem to have em for our car. Tho, on ebay a couple days ago someone was sellin tein stype springs for 99+ g20.

Anyways... just wanted to know some good combo spring/shock setups that you guys recomend... it could really help me out, cuz i dont really have much knowledge about this shit. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
maybe this will help

this link should help you decide or give you and idea on different setups and how they feel something like that check this 99`infinitig20t-links

·
Registered
133 Posts
here you go

SUSPENSION

(The following info is based on different experiences that P10 and P11 owners have had with their suspension setups, so take it for what it's worth - From personal experience, the TEIN NA suspension is by far the best shock/spring combo for the streets and daily driving.)

Eibach Springs (no application for P10)- 1.25" drop, not too low at all - do get shocks or might be too bouncy.

+recommended-great for street use+ TEIN NA Shocks/Springs (P11) ($800 USD) - 1.9" lowest drop. 1.7" great ride quality. Take off middle bumpstop and you'll have a better suspension travel.

B+G Coilovers ($1600 USD) = 3" drop. Somewhat bumpy, but then again you're low ass fuck. No shocks+Springs needed, full Coilover setup!

JIC SA-1 Coilovers (P11) (Around $1200 USD ish) = full threaded coilover with alumium pillowball mount, height adjustable. Race setup, might be stiff for street!

JIC FLT-2 Coilovers (P11) ($1400 USD ish) = stronger piston/rod and with 15way dampening adjustability, height adjustable. Race setup, might be stiff for street!

H&R Springs = 1.5" drop, horrible ride with stock shocks.

Intrax Springs = 1.75" drop = 45mm. Way too soft spring rate. Hard, Saggy, Bouncy ride.

Eibach Pro Kit + KYB-AGX SHOCKS = 4 way adjustable front, 8 rear. Stiff ride.

GAB SHOCKS = 8-way adjustability.

Eibach + GAB = Too stiff!

Ground Control Coilovers + KYB-AGX = Ride is too harsh. Need better spring.

KYB-AGX SHOCKS = no application for P11, but this application will work.. P10 fronts and the 95-99 sentra/200sx rear agx's.

HKS Springs + KYB-AGX SHOCKS = Good setup, Good look, might be too bouncy. HKS alone are not good.

B+G Springs (P10 + P11) + KYB GR-2 shocks = Stiffer than stock, nice drop.

B+G Springs = 1.5" drop. Good ride, somewhat stiff, not harsh.

TEIN SS Coilovers (coming soon).

here i just copied it and sent it thats all i have :alien:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
trust me gc/agx is not harsh

we just installed Joe's on saturday and I was shocked I hate to dare say this but its better than stock brand new feeling trust me. He does 50miles/hr over train racks and you feel nothing

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTA_G20 said:

OK, so now from doin some research, and asking some people, and replies to my thread... ive come to the conclusion that its either Tein N/A or GC with AGX shocks. Tein N/A run about 800, but that is more than i wanna spend. How much could i get the GC springs and AGX shocks for? Thanks for all ur help.

also, need ur guys' opinion.... If i only have the money for one of the two, which one do you guys think. Lower car, adn keep 2002 sport rims. or get aftermarket rims and keep car's stock shocks and springs. I think lowering the car makes it look a lot nicer, but kinda hurts the ride. And if i just get rims, im afraid it will look funny cuz its not lowered. Seen some G's with both lowered on sport rims, and not lowered with aftermarket rims, but still cant decided what to do. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I'd go with the lowered G with the stock rims.
Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
69 Posts
cktwo81 said:

OK, so now from doin some research, and asking some people, and replies to my thread... ive come to the conclusion that its either Tein N/A or GC with AGX shocks. Tein N/A run about 800, but that is more than i wanna spend. How much could i get the GC springs and AGX shocks for?
Wait, AGX Shocks with GC Springs, or GC Coilovers???

I'm asking because I've been doing research too and I concluded that I should go with TEIN NA's or AGX/Eibach Prokit setup. So if you meant GC Springs, i'm wondering now, how do Eibachs compare with GC springs??

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
hey!!

I was looking into doing an Eibach Pro-kit/KYB-AGX set-up... But I'm getting the confusion!! Which Pro-Kit is for our P10??? The one for the 91-94 Sentra??? help!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Gdalton has KYB GR-2s on B+G springs. He says they handle nicely. As for looks, I really like the drop on his 2000 G.
I installed GR-2s on my G 2 weekends ago, and they are a little stiffer than stock. But, I definitely prefer them over the stock shocks, or at least my worn out stock shocks.
So, if you are looking for a drop and close to stock shocks, I would say GR-2s and B+G springs.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: hey!!

GTA_G20 said:

we just installed Joe's on saturday and I was shocked I hate to dare say this but its better than stock brand new feeling trust me. He does 50miles/hr over train racks and you feel nothing
TRUE. BEST COMBO EVER.

Fraychild said:
I was looking into doing an Eibach Pro-kit/KYB-AGX set-up... But I'm getting the confusion!! Which Pro-Kit is for our P10??? The one for the 91-94 Sentra??? help!!
THERE IS NO KYB-AGX FOR P11, SO WE HAVE SAMEP P10 FRONT AND SAME SENTRAS 95-99 REARS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts