Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think its something rubbing but i'm not quite sure. when i get around 35mph and up, i hear this really high pitched squeak coming from what i think is the front of the car. it sounds like crickets (thats how high pitched). its an automatic (if that helps find the answer). could it be brake pads rubbing something possibly?

·
Registered
644 Posts
OMG I had that same exact sound coming from my car a few months ago. If it is the same problem I had then it could be your bearings and spindle. This is what I was told by the Infiniti rep. He said that when they jacked the car, they played with the wheel a bit and it moved alot compared to the other wheels. This is very dangerous especially if your wheel looses contact with the floor for a split second at high speeds! :hurt: :dead:

It gets worse.... to repair, replace, and install; it cost me 535$ after labor and taxes. My car was no longer under warranty so I had to pay it full. Maybe you can get someone to do it cheaper for you. Good Luck and find out what the problem was.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
DAMN, i had that problem too... when i was gettin my clutch replaced, my mechanic took a look for me and said that it might be a bad bearing too. he quoted me about 400 to get it fixed but the axle that the bearing was in i had just replaced like 2000 miles earlier so he said to take it back and make them replace the axle. Still havn't done that though because the sound died down a lot :surprised

1 - 3 of 3 Posts