Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I have been on this site for a while now but have not posted much. I have been reading up on everything and trying to get lists of things to be done.

I have had a few B14s but decided to jump into the P10 as i think it suits my needs better.

The car as it sits.

I bought the car in the fall and its been sitting outside since. The motor in it is junk, i guess is poor coolant in cyl #4. The interior is shot and ugly, the paint is ok, drivers side has been sprayed, and the front fender has been beat.

We had a little snow up here in WI.

I would like to make it a decent AutoX car and a fun DD for the summers.

The motor has a spun bearing.

The rod and crank showed too much wear for my liking. I have a DE crank that will be going in and i am getting a new rod. so it will get new bearings all around, new Head gasket, and seals.

I have lots of parts on order including exhaust, motor mounts, master bushing kit, and a few other things.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Someone had Teeth in there butt, man the seat is bad, why aren't you going with a new motor? wouldn't you be better off going the route.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This motor is super clean, the hash marks are still on the cylinder walls. New bearings and i will be back up and running. Way easier then getting a hold of a new motor in unknown condition.

·
De La Code
6,945 Posts
Welcome and good luck on the project.

bobbys was one of the only ones to make that color p10 look good.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in a mental battle with myself. Do i keep the P11 meshs (Maybe painting them flat black) or get a new wheel and use the almost new tires i have from the B14. The wheels would be about $70 more but would look better being a 16".

Here are the wheels i am thinking about.

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
Keep the P11 wheels. I've seen a few p11 meshies painted black and I didn't really like it. Gold or gunmetal with polished lip looks best.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Made some progress today.

Here are some before shots.

The brakes off.

Next is to get the motor out. I started pulling things out of the bay and removing the fenders.

I hopefully can find some time throughout the week to nibble away at this.

I ordered the bearings, seals, and gaskets for the motor and trans on Friday, so hopefully they will be here this week. Wheels, motor mounts, pulleys, and exhaust are on order. But my bushings are on back order until early May, so not sure what i will do there. I might roll on stock suspension for a little while.

I will put together a list of brake parts i will need and get those ordered next week. I will need new tie rod ends since the ones on the car are trashed. Who knows what else ill need.

I wanted to find out how bad the brakes are to see if i could reuse the calipers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Got some more work done today.

The motor is out.

Some parts have arrived. B15 rear rotors, P11 front pads and caliper brackets, Maxima rear brackets, Altima master cylinder, distributor cap & rotor,plugs & plug wires, caliper rebuild kits, tie rod ends, UNISA JECS cross member bushings, and ARP flywheel bolts.

The wheels also came.

I have quite the collection of parts now since i have been hording parts since last fall. Still waiting on a few more, some on back order, and some on the way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Went back out after dinner and got a few more things done.

Pulled out the ABS, brake lines and Mastery cylinder, Power steering, steering rack, hood, wipers, cowl, harness, misc brackets, and a few other items.

Here is the pile of crap that will not be going back in.

Dash is next so i can get the harness through the fire wall and remove the clutch, brake booster, and throttle cables.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Got a nice shiny exhaust today from VRS. 3" stainless, /w resonator, and DynomaxVT muffler. They also sent a nice cat with the flanges and all the gaskets and clamps.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Dash is out, sound deadening is out, everything on the inside of the firewall is out, engine bay harness is out, engine bay is cleared out, and ready for clean up.

1 - 20 of 447 Posts