Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

441 - 447 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
More things happening. New fuel rail, ID850cc injectors, and MTX-D Ethanol sensor installed. The process took longer than expected but everything went smooth.

Took it for a drive tonight and as expected it is running really rich. I adjusted the injector size to get the idle close to where it was. Then started adjusting the fuel map. The injector size did not go up by much but as soon as I get on the throttle the AFRs go super rich. It will now just take some time to get the fuel map back into check.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Spent some time tuning this weekend and things are shaping up. A few issues with idle and warm starts, I ended up referencing one of the startup tunes with ID1000s to get some of the settings. I changes the SD factor down to 100 since I was not getting enough resolution to get the fuel where I wanted it. This still gave me plenty of room on the upper end. I think the max fuel table value is at 200 now and the lowest around 10. It has been hot here so I just spent a little time each morning. It is to the point where I could start driving it to work again when it cools down later this week. Then I will be able to fine tune the fuel map and get it dialed in. I started having some idle stability issues again and made some adjustments for that and it seems better than it was, but not as good as the old tune. Once the fuel map is tightened up I will revisit that.

Then the plan is to tune on E85 after I have pump gas all straightened out. Been doing some research on that just to see if there are any differences. I learned that advancing timing on E85 does not always benefit in more power if you ware not knock limited. I found this video that helped explain it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Sj8WkWH6E

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Well, things did not go well at the dyno. First pull was 30 hp down from the last time it was at the dyno, things were not off to a good start. We kind of ignored this and moved on to the cam switch point. During this time AFRs were all over the place, and would make a drastic change around 4800-5400. Then we noticed the coolant overflow was full and bubbles were coming out. At this time we knew something was wrong and shut it down.

When I got home I did a compression test and 3 cylinders were at 225psi and one was at 200psi when they all pegged the gauge at 300 the last time this was done a few years ago. The leak down test was not any better, #1 8%, #2 12%, #3 20%, #4 4%. Something is wrong so the motor is coming out. Hoping it is just rings and head gasket. Not sure what would have cause the HG to fail, I am fairly concerned about this. Rings I am sure had something to do with the injectors being stuck open on my breakdown during the trip out to the Ohio convention. Either way, the motor will be back. Hoping to get a start on tear down tonight.

On the bright side the power curve of the new header looked good. I have high hopes for when it is back up at full strength.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
That's the plan. Didn't start last night, it was still a little warm. Tonight should be better.

441 - 447 of 447 Posts