Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a dumb question but what do the sr and the de stand for in sr20de. im guessing 20 is for 2.0 liter.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SR is the engine series (kinda like Bs, Ks, and Hs for Honda). It might also stand for something, but I'm not sure. DE means DOHC, EFI. That's dual-overhead cam and electronic fuel injection in case you didn't know. Poppin' a "T" on the end of the engine code means turbo. Get the system? Check out all of Nissan's engine codes at http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/tech/engines/home.shtml

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FF Drifter said:
SR is the engine series (kinda like Bs, Ks, and Hs for Honda). It might also stand for something, but I'm not sure. DE means DOHC, EFI. That's dual-overhead cam and electronic fuel injection in case you didn't know. Poppin' a "T" on the end of the engine code means turbo. Get the system? Check out all of Nissan's engine codes at http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/tech/engines/home.shtml

Actually there is a SR20De and a SR20DE. What's the difference?

e = single point fuel injection (throttle body).

E = multi-port sequential fuel injection

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Geo said:

So what do I got???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Geo said:

Really? I did NOT know that.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
GEO = Encyclopedia of useless knowledge.

Errr..... I meant useful knowledge!

Once again, more information on the SR20 that was unknown to many, including me. :lol:

Hey Geo, what cars had the single point SR20? I will assume they are overseas and not in the states. That set-up is similiar to the CA18De that was in the '87 to '90 Sentra's right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
tbi????? i dont recall hearing about any sr's with that.. then again im slightly new to the community..

EDIT:::according to that freshalloy site. i stands for throttle body fuel injection. where as the E is Multiport fuel injection.

most classics ive seen have four injectors.. most 200sxs i know of have 4 injectors. most SEs i know have 4 injectors..

so which SR20DE has TBI????:::::::

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
SR20DEe said:
tbi????? i dont recall hearing about any sr's with that.. then again im slightly new to the community..

EDIT:::according to that freshalloy site. i stands for throttle body fuel injection. where as the E is Multiport fuel injection.

most classics ive seen have four injectors.. most 200sxs i know of have 4 injectors. most SEs i know have 4 injectors..

so which SR20DE has TBI????:::::::

They are sold overseas - mostly Europe I think.

E = multiport sequential fuel injection, but not "e".

All of the US SR20s are SR20DEs.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Also, what does direct ignition do? The newer engines have it; I know the SR20s in the Silvias are distributorless too, and use direct ignition, much like the new VQs. Is there a hp improvement in having direct ignition?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts