Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot have asked about supercharging the sr20 and I found out 5mins ago that it has been done. I was doing some serious research on other things and stumbled upon this. Pretty impressive numbers contrary to the bashing that superchargers have taken. Eventhough this is a rear wheel drive s13. Hope you guys enjoy HERE

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There's nothing wrong with superchargers... but I still think that SR engines are the wrong cars to supercharge. I tend to lean toward long stroke, torquey engines as candidates for supercharging; something like what's seen in most American engines with lobs of low-end torque, in need of some more power up top. KA engines are great for superchargers, but rev-happy engines such as SRs can get plenty more benefit from turbo. :smoke: At least that's my impression of things.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very true, I just had heard alot of people bash the "Blowers" I had one in my G60 and I thought it was nice until i got a ford probe GT and that to me converted e from super to turbo CHARGERS.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You'll find that most Americans in general don't like turbochargers because of issues with its "durability" ie, they don't last long, are expensive to repair, etc. See, if they did it RIGHT, it wouldn't be a problem. Two words: turbo timer. Now, if only everyone understood such a simple concept, imagine all of us lucky americans revelling in the joy of turbine forced induction....

Kinda reminds me how Americans don't like rotary engines either...for the same reasons as above. The Japanese are sooo clever, aren't they?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You should look for SR20 supercharging tests done on SE-R's on the se-r mailing list archives www.se-r-list.org/archives There's some info on there from at least one prior S/C'd SE-R. Ran ok for a while, but the boost it build under normal driving (like on the highway under normal cruising conditions) didn't help for long term reliability, IIRC. For the exact results I'd recommend reading up on it, rather than listening to me try and remember (aka monkey up) the facts. :monkey:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FF Drifter said:
See, if they did it RIGHT, it wouldn't be a problem. Two words: turbo timer. Now, if only everyone understood such a simple concept, imagine all of us lucky americans revelling in the joy of turbine forced induction....
There's no need for a turbo timer. My two words are different from yours.... Personal discipline. My DET doesn't have a turbo timer and probably won't have one. I don't get into the boost just before getting to my destination and I let it idle for a minute or so before shutting down. I guess I'm my own turbo timer. =)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
I know alot have asked about supercharging the sr20 and I found out 5mins ago that it has been done. I was doing some serious research on other things and stumbled upon this. Pretty impressive numbers contrary to the bashing that superchargers have taken. Eventhough this is a rear wheel drive s13. Hope you guys enjoy HERE
It's not so much that superchargers are crap as the fact that turbochargers outperform them. There is a lot of monkey knowledge that keeps getting spread around about SCs. Mostly it's from people who talk theory out their blow hole.

Dollar for dollar, pound of boost for pound of boost, turbos outpreform SCs.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: SR20 Supercharger solution

Geo said:
Dollar for dollar, pound of boost for pound of boost, turbos outpreform SCs.
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much...

:rambo:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in no way promoting superchargers. I am merely here to try and stop all the sr20 supercharge questions.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
I am in no way promoting superchargers. I am merely here to try and stop all the sr20 supercharge questions.
And I'm trying to promote world peace. ;) Like that will ever happen.

:lol: :lol:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G-Forces said:

True, Hey Steeve's any chance you watchin CBC today? Go Buds GO!! LOL

They aint gonna win but hey they came pretty close. Two more in a row against carolina? I doubt that!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GTA_G20 said:

True, Hey Steeve's any chance you watchin CBC today? Go Buds GO!! LOL

They aint gonna win but hey they came pretty close. Two more in a row against carolina? I doubt that!
Yeah I saw it. Leafs are going down I'm sorry to say....doubt they can do that two more times. :p

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:

Not until I'm out of ammo. ;)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
That site's been found and argued about several times before in other subsets of the SR community. I seem to recall Mike Kojima totally blasting the accuracy of their "Fact Sheet," but you'd have to talk to him (or search the SE-R archives) to find out why. I'll take a turbocharger, thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts