Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day yall I'm currently rebuilding a sr20de roller rocker engine and I have a spare high port engine at hand ik that the roller rocker valve train is more efficient but what if I swap the complete valve train from the high port head over into my rr head would I yield any hp gain? I would also run the high port ecu with has the rev limit a 7500 I have already swap over a low port b14 intake manifold and I am currently seeking a flat top 10:1 pistons to drop in

·
Registered
426 Posts
:unsure:Stems are longer in the high port, and your gonna need that oil up to from the tube that rr lacks. Im gonna try some adj gears on the rr see if it can rev a little more or if everything has been a huge waste of time. Either way, f it , send it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:unsure:Stems are longer in the high port, and your gonna need that oil up to from the tube that rr lacks. Im gonna try some adj gears on the rr see if it can rev a little more or if everything has been a huge waste of time. Either way, f it , send it.
I would be swapping the entire valve train such as : valves,rockers,cams,valve cover, cam caps with cam oilers, shims, bolts, reason for this swap is I have a spare rr head and heard they flow better than the high port, but by using the high port valve train I would reattain revs to 7500rpm

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
You want Sr20ve dual valve springs and a Sr20ve oil pump if you want to rev the rr head past 7k consistently without throwing the roller rockers. The rr springs are the first weak point, oil pump is the next area you will need to address. An Sr20det oil pump is a good insurance policy.

The ve valve springs drop right in the rr head. You would need ve inner and outer spring, ve retainers, rr seat, and a custom inner washer that has an outer diameter slightly smaller than the inner diameter than the outer spring. The washer acts as the inner seat for the inner spring. I have an extra set of the ve springs plus the retainers if you’re interested. $50 shipped. DM me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thing I don't wanna use the roller setup as based on research it doesn't build power beyond the 7k limit, so that's is the reason why I said I would just use the entire valve train from the high port head in the rr head

1 - 6 of 6 Posts