Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recomment me to a mechanic(s) that specializes in SR20DE engines in New York City or Northern New Jersey?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
from
link

U.S. Nissan Dealer Service Experiences
Arizona - Montana

NC NH NJ NM NY PA OH OK OR RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WY

International Dealer Experiences

Would you like to add something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: These are merely the comments of people from far and wide on Nissan dealerships they have dealt with. People's experiences may vary, but we're just trying to give people a better idea of who to deal with and who they probably shouldn't. And by all means, if you have something to add, click on the link above and send us your comments. We remove all names. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Carolina

Cardinal Nissan, Jacksonville NC

Below Average I brought my 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE into the service department and told them that my engine malfunction light was on. After waiting a couple of hours they told me it was my gas cap and replaced it. Well, it may a long story short two days ago my malfunction light came on again and I brought it back to the dealership. After waiting five hours I was told that they could not find the problem and if I wanted they would contact me when it was fixed so I would not have to wait any longer. They told me late that afternoon that they would need to contact Nissan because they could not explain what was wrong. They gave me a "good faith" rental car. The following day I called them late in the afternoon. Nothing was done to the car. Again they could not explain why my light comes on. As they discribed it "intermitent". What they hell does that mean? Do I need to go thru this every two weeks? I will never buy another Nissan. I need this car to commute to college. I cannot not afford to break down on some lonely country road late at night. My school is eighty miles each way from my home!!!!! I may explore my options under the law if this continues to be a problem.

Lumberton Nissan, Lumberton NC

Below Average Purchased a new 2000 Maxima.With 16,000 miles in it the tranny goes out. They tell me they do not have a loaner or rent for me because I did not purchase an extended warranty. So now I got a 30,000 dollar car and I am walking. Hmmm. Maybe if I were a top dog in the community I could get a loaner.

Southern States Nissan, Raleigh NC

Below Average I believe that being the only Nissan dealer in Raleigh has made them complacent and antagonistic. Physical Site: Butt Ugly!! The building is in a bad state of dis-repair and new, used and down-right junk cars seem to be inter-mixed through out the pot-hole laden lots. Prices: A short story will explain it all. When the 200SX SE-R first came out, they were trying to charge extra for equipment listed as optional on a 200SX SE but standard on the SE-R. Salesmen: All tend to be hanging around the outside of the building smoking when you arrive. They don't know much about the cars and are definitely not performance minded. Parts: This is where it gets real bad. The parts people are unfriendly and treat you as if you have no clue about you car or what you need. I asked for the gasket between the mid-pipe and the muffler for my NX and got the gasket between the exhaust manifold and the cat. When I took it back he insisted that it was the right part until I showed him the old one. Then he said that this was not the one I asked for. Then you can't pay at the parts counter for the part. You have to stand in line and wait for the incompetent cashier sitting at a desk cluttered with papers to add up you total on a adding machine with a pull handle on the side (no electricity involved).

New Hampshire

Peters Nissan, Nashua NH

Above Average Peters may not be the cheapest place in the world, but so far I have nothing but praise to say about them. Very good to deal with, great at fixing problems, and no hassles.

Average The service was fine, but it always seemed they were trying to convince me that I needed more done to the car. They would point out different items and try to explain how I should fix it right away. I knew enough backyard mechanics to refute them, but it got tiring. I haven't been there for almost two years, so they may have changed. The muffler they said was about to rot off is still fine, by the way. (It was the heat shield which rotted instead).

Above Average I find Peters Nissan to be the best garage I've ever dealt with although their prices are high. They are courteous and on time which is very important in this day and age.

Average Had timing belt, tensioner and water pump replaced. Very satisfied. Went to pick up the vehcile and the idler pulley was very noisy. The service advisor had no response as to why I was not made aware of the need to replace the pulley. Made another appt to have idler pulley replaced. Went to pick-up the vehicle and the new idler pulley was also very noisy and needed to be replaced. No satisfactory explaination as to why the tech did not inform the service advisor of the "new" defective pulley which would have saved me a two hour trip.

Above Average This dealer has been excellent over the last 2 years that I have been dealing with them exclusively. I own 2 Nissans (Maxima and Quest). The service dept. at Peters is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to explain anything that needs to be done and why. They are very customer focused. When you go for any type of service, they give you a ride to work/home in their courtesy van, and will come pick you up to bring you back to your car. This dealer gets an A+++ all the way around!

Team Nissan, Manchester NH

Below Average Team Nissan is sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I bought my wife's Sentra from them and they did a lousy Pre-delivery inspection, lousy paperwork, lousy everything. Would you believe a lug nut fell off her car because the nuts weren't properly tightened, and the nuts that were on there were over tightened. Go to Peter's for real service.

Above Average In my experience, they are professional and courteous. They've allowed me to poke through their service and tech manuals, and let me copy down a wiring diagram, even though it meant I'd be fixing the problem instead of them. On repairs, they've been very systematic and have listened to my input. So far, they've fixed everything right and in a timely manner. Cost is on the high side however, since you're paying dealer (and OEM) prices.

Below Average I wouldn't even step foot on this dealer's lot again. We purchased a slightly used Altima from this dealer a couple of years ago, and couldn't believe the lack of customer service. During the sales process, the sales people were rude. When we went to pick up the car, they informed us that they had put "$18" worth of gas in it for us. There was 1/4 of a tank in it. Then, we encountered vibration problems with the "brand new" tires that they had placed on it prior to our pickup. They were completely out of round, and when I took the car back the dealer refused to replace them. I then discovered when I got home, that they had put 40 lbs. of pressure in each tire while they were checking them!!! (The manufacturer specs say 29 lbs.) When I later went to the manager with all of my complaints he told me there was nothing he could do for me, and was the rudest one of all that I had dealt with. Please save yourself the hassle. I have been dealing with Peters Nissan ever since, and can't say enough good things about them.

New Jersey

All Brands Nissan, Hackensack NJ

Average. I have a 96 200SX SE-R with your basic mods, intake, header, and exhaust. I've taking my car 3 times for several problems and lets just say two out of three ain't bad. I think we have all had the check engine light problem. Joe Perez the service manager was very friendly and had the car ready in about two hours. No charge. I then brought it back for a rattle coming out of my flex pipe. He had a mechanic check it out. The minute I popped the hood he laughed and told me that he was not going to touch it because its aftermarket. (I still have that rattle). This week I brought in for a clutch adjustment. I was waiting for them to tell me how I voided my warranty but instead Joe did the work himself (15 min. tops) No charge and wouldn't except a tip.

Classic Nissan, Mount Holly NJ

Average. Great for oil changes ($14.95). However, My car has a grinding sound above 3,500 rpm...I was told to keep it under say rpm to avoid the grinding sound !!! That's the fix according to the dealer.

East Coast Auto Mall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Below Average. Charged $1,205 for replacement of ecu unit (unit leaked) which should have been under warranty as this Nissan Altima was 8 months old and had 5,024 miles at time of problem.

Twelve days (200 miles) after Altima was delivered, same problem occurred. Dealer's service mgr. merely said "bring it in and we'll see what the problem is...but I can't look at it the day you bring it in."

First time, had to rent vehicle for 10 days at my cost until I complained to Nissan N/A in CA. Result: dealer provided car for another 10 days.

2nd problem: Dealer refused loaner until, once again, had Nissan authorize a vehicle.

Flemington Nissan, Flemington NJ

Above Average. I bought my car when I was 19 - brand new. They were the only dealer in my area that didn't laugh me right out of the showroom. I very much appreciated the fact that the salesman stopped to talk to me about the 200. It's been a great experience since then - service and all!

Freehold Nissan

Below Average Bought a '99 maxima SE from this dealer. At 9K miles took car in for tire rotation; Dealer tries to sell me wheel balancing. Not interested, but after rotation I've now got a high speed shimmy. Go back to dealer who tells me wheel balancing is not covered under warranty! According to warranty book, this is covered but they don't want to hear it.

Route 22 Nissan, Hillside NJ

Below Average. This goes for the service area alone. I do not know about their sales department. I wound up at these guys because I hit a *BAD* pothole and blew out both right-side tires. I needed two new rims and ordered four new tires for them to mount on the two good rims and the two new rims. When I went in, there were several irate customers. I didn't go by that and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Then, these guys tell me (2 months after being told by *MY* dealer - see Flemington Nissan - that I have 60% left on my brakes) that I need new brakes. So, in 3.5 years, I've only used 40% brakes but in two months I've used the remaining 60%?!?! I don't think so! I call them to find out when my car will be ready because I had the tires rushed overnight (Route 22 Nissan told me that the rims would be ready for the next day). The service manager yells at me saying "When are your tires going to be here?" I call up Tire Rack and they give me a name and time they were signed for. I call back the service manager and he tells me that they have the tires but the rims aren't there. No apology. Just like it's *MY* fault that they couldn't get the stock rims in for the next day. Maybe I should've payed the extra towing to have the car brought the extra 40 or so miles to my dealer!?!

Below Average. I think the service department is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. I ordered a tow hitch as an accessory when I purchased my 2001 Pathfinder. First they were unable to locate one to install. I had to call various dealers to find one for them. Then, when I brought it home after install, the directionals did not work, so I went back. They had installed the harness incorrectly. Then my Pathfinder was blowing fuses with the trailer attached and the vehicle was put in reverse. By checking voltages on the wiring pins, I can see that it is still wired incorrrectly. I had that verified by another dealer. That dealer can't fix it without charging a fee. I refuse to return vehicle to Hillside because I feel they are completely unqualified and all I hear there is a lot of yelling. I am now fighting with the main office in Nissan trying to get this resolved. Good luck to all. Stay away from Nissan 22 in Hillside.

New Mexico

Melloy Nissan, Albuquerque NM

Comments from the dealer: I work at Melloy Nissan and i think we do a very good job of taking care of our customers. I think we all make mistakes sometimes. But i think the main thing is that if someone makes a mistake that they do their best to make it right for you if they give you the chance. I would much rather have someone tell me about our mistake so we can make it right for them than for them never to come back. We have been in business for over 40 years.

New York

Autotech Nissan, New York NY

Average. i have had terrible experiences with other Nissan dealers in the past, these guys seem to be competent, courteous and wash your car after they service it. the only complaint is that they did not align the front end after the rack was replaced under warranty. it seems like they forgot, and that cost me a pair of front tires!

Biener Nissan, Great Neck NY

Above Average. This is the BEST service in the NY area! They are responsive and quick to fix any problems. I have to say that Mark is one of the nicest guys that I have meet in the business. I never have to argue with him about warranty work and usually get a discount on work not covered under the warranty.

Above Average. Above average for Nissan dealers in this metro area, anyway. In short, this is what an average service department *should* be. A pleasant, personable place to do business, a short walk from the railroad station, recommended work was sensibly explained and fairly priced (if not exactly a bargain), and the work has held up.

Gregoris Nissan, Valley Stream NY

Below Average. Really lousy service manager and crew. I dropped my car off on Wednesday and finally got a call around 3p.m. that they would not be able to get to it till Thursday!!!!!! On Thursday they did nothing till almost 1p.m. and then refused to fix anything that was wrong with the car stating that the previous dealer was responsible for fixing the repair.< I had the motor mounts fixed under warranty and it turns out that the right rear mount broke a bolt > JUST PLAIN LOUSY SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!! Also told me that a screeching belt was a bad a/c clutch.

Koeppel Nissan, Queens NY

Below Average. The week from hell, a simple job turned into a $400 nightmare through (let me be kind) "miscommunication" to me and possibly to Nissan. Worse, after 5 days of confusion and conflicting answers, I learned the Service Manager was not even aware of the situation. Once he was, he was insulting. Otherwise, the service writers seem professional, but not accommodating or particularly knowledgeable -- None recognized the description of what I now know is very common starter-noise problem. (The writer involved above is no longer there; the Service Manager remained). The overall impression is that all the outfit cares about is through-put. And, on bringing the car in on another occasion, I received a call from a salesman asking if I wouldn't rather trade it in! Can we say "conflict of interest"? That was in the mid '90s. Haven't been back since.

Queens Nissan, Queens NY

Below Average. You better hope you don't have an aftermarket anything because they'll blame any problem you have with the car on it!

Middletown Nissan, Middletown NY

Above Average. I own 2 Nissans and have found Middletown very good and reliable. They are priced competitively and their parts and service management really knows their cars.

Mike Barney's Nissan, Amherst NY

Above Average. This dealership is probably the best Nissan dealership in New York State. Car is promptly taken when you make an appointment into the garage for your service. One of the service advisors explains what problems the mechanic has found and recommends what your options are with itemized pricing. The service advisor will even help you out with discount coupons if the recommended service is over $25.00. In addition, fresh bagels and coffee are available to all customers in the waiting room. Car is washed and interior vaccummed and driven right to the customer waiting room door so you can drive off after payment.

Newburgh Nissan, Newburgh NY

Above Average. The service department is very thorough. Personnel are helpful and fun to work with. The dealership is clean and pristine. Cars are treated with respect by service pesonnel. As with any technology, sometimes a problem is difficult to duplicate. My main problem is a front-end shimmy in a 1997 Maxima with 30k miles that seems to evade detection during test drives. I have two 1997 Maximas and they have been maintained beautifully by Newburgh Nissan.

Nissan North, Inc., Fulton NY

Below Average. Bought 97 Nissan truck. As received spark plug #3 was cross threaded. Dealer "fixed" by cross threading more and reinstalling crooked (same plug). Said it was fixed because it was sealed (plug was not seated). Returned again to dealer who now installed a helicoil without removing head. Said there were no metal chips to worry about getting into cylinder. Dealer was also told truck hard to start, runs rough when wet. Dealer's response: Nissan did not put a gasket under distributor cap. They "fixed" by silicon sealer. Needless to say problem persists. I am wondering when cap will blow off from flammable fumes being ignited by spark. What do you think Nissan engineering would say about this? Wouldn't bring my lawnmower to this service shop.

Performance Pontiac Nissan, Syracuse NY

Average. First of all, we all know that dealers are always going to be more expensive than independent mechanics, and certainly Performance Pontiac/Nissan is NO exception. I have avoided getting ANY routine service done from them. They have only done work under warranty. For the most part, my experience has been average. Their regular maintenance includes lots of services not included in the Nissan maintenance guide (I last looked at their list of recommended procedures a year or more ago), as is typical of Dealers. They have tried to charge me ridiculous prices for certain services: like $25 to clean battery terminals. It's things like that that let you know what type of people are running a dealership. The customer service people are "friendly" but not at all knowledgeable. The parts people are neither particularly helpful nor friendly. Just average. They do offer you free rides in the morning but that is paid for by GM. Even the old guy who drives the "shuttle" isn't particularly friendly. The body shop is another story all together!!! Bob runs it (Manager). He is a SUPER nice guy and ultra patient. I had major front end work done there and he took INCREDIBLE care of me. I even came by and watched some of the work get done. Bob was patient with all my gripes and annoying attention to little details. He's a super guy. Of course, when the insurance company is paying the bill, the whole nature of the relationship changes. Things may have been different if I had had to pay for things out of my own pocket, but that issue aside, my experience with the body shop was great. Bob has a fantastic reputation in Syracuse for being an honest person. The insurance adjusters even told me so (off the record of course). As far as quality of the work, well...Bob wasn't doing the body work himself of course. I would guess from talking with the guys (and bribing them with beers), that are relatively intelligent and competent. Its impossible for me to say for sure however, since I haven't the experience, nor did I watch them do the whole job. My car was MAJORLY damaged (6k worth of damage) and was returned to me ALMOST as good as new. I cant say for sure if any one else would have done a better job. All I can say for sure is Bob Knittel bent over backwards for me. My best advice is do it yourself if and when you can! Dealers MAY know the cars they sell better than the average generic mechanic , but that isn't necessarily always true and you can almost guarantee that you'll end up paying more at a dealership.

They certainly cannot relate to any of us enthusiasts or any one doing serious mods.

Ramsey Nissan, Ramsey, NY

Below Average. Took my '91 SE-R in to have the CV boot replaced and they wanted to change my "timing belt" since I had 64,000 miles on the car. Since I knew it has a timing chain I of course did not bite but what about the person who didn't know their car this well

U.S. Nissan Dealer Service Experiences
Arizona - Montana

NC NH NJ NM NY PA OH OK OR RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WY

International Dealer Experiences

Would you like to add something?

Note: These are merely the comments of people from far and wide on Nissan dealerships they have dealt with. People's experiences may vary, but we're just trying to give people a better idea of who to deal with and who they probably shouldn't. And by all means, if you have something to add, click on the link above and send us your comments. We remove all names. :)

North Carolina

Cardinal Nissan, Jacksonville NC

Below Average I brought my 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE into the service department and told them that my engine malfunction light was on. After waiting a couple of hours they told me it was my gas cap and replaced it. Well, it may a long story short two days ago my malfunction light came on again and I brought it back to the dealership. After waiting five hours I was told that they could not find the problem and if I wanted they would contact me when it was fixed so I would not have to wait any longer. They told me late that afternoon that they would need to contact Nissan because they could not explain what was wrong. They gave me a "good faith" rental car. The following day I called them late in the afternoon. Nothing was done to the car. Again they could not explain why my light comes on. As they discribed it "intermitent". What they hell does that mean? Do I need to go thru this every two weeks? I will never buy another Nissan. I need this car to commute to college. I cannot not afford to break down on some lonely country road late at night. My school is eighty miles each way from my home!!!!! I may explore my options under the law if this continues to be a problem.

Lumberton Nissan, Lumberton NC

Below Average Purchased a new 2000 Maxima.With 16,000 miles in it the tranny goes out. They tell me they do not have a loaner or rent for me because I did not purchase an extended warranty. So now I got a 30,000 dollar car and I am walking. Hmmm. Maybe if I were a top dog in the community I could get a loaner.

Southern States Nissan, Raleigh NC

Below Average I believe that being the only Nissan dealer in Raleigh has made them complacent and antagonistic. Physical Site: Butt Ugly!! The building is in a bad state of dis-repair and new, used and down-right junk cars seem to be inter-mixed through out the pot-hole laden lots. Prices: A short story will explain it all. When the 200SX SE-R first came out, they were trying to charge extra for equipment listed as optional on a 200SX SE but standard on the SE-R. Salesmen: All tend to be hanging around the outside of the building smoking when you arrive. They don't know much about the cars and are definitely not performance minded. Parts: This is where it gets real bad. The parts people are unfriendly and treat you as if you have no clue about you car or what you need. I asked for the gasket between the mid-pipe and the muffler for my NX and got the gasket between the exhaust manifold and the cat. When I took it back he insisted that it was the right part until I showed him the old one. Then he said that this was not the one I asked for. Then you can't pay at the parts counter for the part. You have to stand in line and wait for the incompetent cashier sitting at a desk cluttered with papers to add up you total on a adding machine with a pull handle on the side (no electricity involved).

New Hampshire

Peters Nissan, Nashua NH

Above Average Peters may not be the cheapest place in the world, but so far I have nothing but praise to say about them. Very good to deal with, great at fixing problems, and no hassles.

Average The service was fine, but it always seemed they were trying to convince me that I needed more done to the car. They would point out different items and try to explain how I should fix it right away. I knew enough backyard mechanics to refute them, but it got tiring. I haven't been there for almost two years, so they may have changed. The muffler they said was about to rot off is still fine, by the way. (It was the heat shield which rotted instead).

Above Average I find Peters Nissan to be the best garage I've ever dealt with although their prices are high. They are courteous and on time which is very important in this day and age.

Average Had timing belt, tensioner and water pump replaced. Very satisfied. Went to pick up the vehcile and the idler pulley was very noisy. The service advisor had no response as to why I was not made aware of the need to replace the pulley. Made another appt to have idler pulley replaced. Went to pick-up the vehicle and the new idler pulley was also very noisy and needed to be replaced. No satisfactory explaination as to why the tech did not inform the service advisor of the "new" defective pulley which would have saved me a two hour trip.

Above Average This dealer has been excellent over the last 2 years that I have been dealing with them exclusively. I own 2 Nissans (Maxima and Quest). The service dept. at Peters is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to explain anything that needs to be done and why. They are very customer focused. When you go for any type of service, they give you a ride to work/home in their courtesy van, and will come pick you up to bring you back to your car. This dealer gets an A+++ all the way around!

Team Nissan, Manchester NH

Below Average Team Nissan is sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I bought my wife's Sentra from them and they did a lousy Pre-delivery inspection, lousy paperwork, lousy everything. Would you believe a lug nut fell off her car because the nuts weren't properly tightened, and the nuts that were on there were over tightened. Go to Peter's for real service.

Above Average In my experience, they are professional and courteous. They've allowed me to poke through their service and tech manuals, and let me copy down a wiring diagram, even though it meant I'd be fixing the problem instead of them. On repairs, they've been very systematic and have listened to my input. So far, they've fixed everything right and in a timely manner. Cost is on the high side however, since you're paying dealer (and OEM) prices.

Below Average I wouldn't even step foot on this dealer's lot again. We purchased a slightly used Altima from this dealer a couple of years ago, and couldn't believe the lack of customer service. During the sales process, the sales people were rude. When we went to pick up the car, they informed us that they had put "$18" worth of gas in it for us. There was 1/4 of a tank in it. Then, we encountered vibration problems with the "brand new" tires that they had placed on it prior to our pickup. They were completely out of round, and when I took the car back the dealer refused to replace them. I then discovered when I got home, that they had put 40 lbs. of pressure in each tire while they were checking them!!! (The manufacturer specs say 29 lbs.) When I later went to the manager with all of my complaints he told me there was nothing he could do for me, and was the rudest one of all that I had dealt with. Please save yourself the hassle. I have been dealing with Peters Nissan ever since, and can't say enough good things about them.

New Jersey

All Brands Nissan, Hackensack NJ

Average. I have a 96 200SX SE-R with your basic mods, intake, header, and exhaust. I've taking my car 3 times for several problems and lets just say two out of three ain't bad. I think we have all had the check engine light problem. Joe Perez the service manager was very friendly and had the car ready in about two hours. No charge. I then brought it back for a rattle coming out of my flex pipe. He had a mechanic check it out. The minute I popped the hood he laughed and told me that he was not going to touch it because its aftermarket. (I still have that rattle). This week I brought in for a clutch adjustment. I was waiting for them to tell me how I voided my warranty but instead Joe did the work himself (15 min. tops) No charge and wouldn't except a tip.

Classic Nissan, Mount Holly NJ

Average. Great for oil changes ($14.95). However, My car has a grinding sound above 3,500 rpm...I was told to keep it under say rpm to avoid the grinding sound !!! That's the fix according to the dealer.

East Coast Auto Mall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Below Average. Charged $1,205 for replacement of ecu unit (unit leaked) which should have been under warranty as this Nissan Altima was 8 months old and had 5,024 miles at time of problem.

Twelve days (200 miles) after Altima was delivered, same problem occurred. Dealer's service mgr. merely said "bring it in and we'll see what the problem is...but I can't look at it the day you bring it in."

First time, had to rent vehicle for 10 days at my cost until I complained to Nissan N/A in CA. Result: dealer provided car for another 10 days.

2nd problem: Dealer refused loaner until, once again, had Nissan authorize a vehicle.

Flemington Nissan, Flemington NJ

Above Average. I bought my car when I was 19 - brand new. They were the only dealer in my area that didn't laugh me right out of the showroom. I very much appreciated the fact that the salesman stopped to talk to me about the 200. It's been a great experience since then - service and all!

Freehold Nissan

Below Average Bought a '99 maxima SE from this dealer. At 9K miles took car in for tire rotation; Dealer tries to sell me wheel balancing. Not interested, but after rotation I've now got a high speed shimmy. Go back to dealer who tells me wheel balancing is not covered under warranty! According to warranty book, this is covered but they don't want to hear it.

Route 22 Nissan, Hillside NJ

Below Average. This goes for the service area alone. I do not know about their sales department. I wound up at these guys because I hit a *BAD* pothole and blew out both right-side tires. I needed two new rims and ordered four new tires for them to mount on the two good rims and the two new rims. When I went in, there were several irate customers. I didn't go by that and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Then, these guys tell me (2 months after being told by *MY* dealer - see Flemington Nissan - that I have 60% left on my brakes) that I need new brakes. So, in 3.5 years, I've only used 40% brakes but in two months I've used the remaining 60%?!?! I don't think so! I call them to find out when my car will be ready because I had the tires rushed overnight (Route 22 Nissan told me that the rims would be ready for the next day). The service manager yells at me saying "When are your tires going to be here?" I call up Tire Rack and they give me a name and time they were signed for. I call back the service manager and he tells me that they have the tires but the rims aren't there. No apology. Just like it's *MY* fault that they couldn't get the stock rims in for the next day. Maybe I should've payed the extra towing to have the car brought the extra 40 or so miles to my dealer!?!

Below Average. I think the service department is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. I ordered a tow hitch as an accessory when I purchased my 2001 Pathfinder. First they were unable to locate one to install. I had to call various dealers to find one for them. Then, when I brought it home after install, the directionals did not work, so I went back. They had installed the harness incorrectly. Then my Pathfinder was blowing fuses with the trailer attached and the vehicle was put in reverse. By checking voltages on the wiring pins, I can see that it is still wired incorrrectly. I had that verified by another dealer. That dealer can't fix it without charging a fee. I refuse to return vehicle to Hillside because I feel they are completely unqualified and all I hear there is a lot of yelling. I am now fighting with the main office in Nissan trying to get this resolved. Good luck to all. Stay away from Nissan 22 in Hillside.

also the serca crew should be able to tlel you of their personaal shops
link

good luck
casual

1 - 3 of 3 Posts