Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

SR20De-t Illegal?

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  SR20DET_G20 
#1 ·
I bought a g20 with a sr20det swap and now I'm hearing that the engine is not legal to have in that car. Is there any truth to that? That seems crazy... I have heard of tons of people putting that engine into a G20 so how can it be illegal? If the motor is illegal why is it ok to import it? I live in Oregon and I don't think it will be hard to get it through DEQ, but I don't want any bs when I do try.

#4 ·
Maybe not illegal to import the engine, but illegal to replace a de motor with a det, as mentioned above. Better check local laws.

#11 ·
I bought it almost 2 months ago and it is the dull gold color with a white hood scoop for the intercooler, but it is currently undergoing a lot of surgery(paint hood and both bumpers, new trans, new instrument cluster, serious deep cleaning, new rims, new exhaust, and lowering if I can afford it) I will start putting up pics when it is all done. I think it is going to be really nice.

#12 ·
If you follow all the G20s that sell, how much is a DET swapped one ususally worth. Mine should be "A" quality when it is done and I would like to know the approximate value. It has 170k on the chasis and around 50k on the engine. The paint has no major flaws, but some normal small dents and scratches and the interior is practically perfect. The trans is a LSD trans from a B15. I have no desire to sell it, but I'm just curious.

#15 ·
Yea I'm interested in the springs. Does he have any shocks? How much will they lower the car? Price?

I picked my car up for $2000, but it badly needed the work I listed and it also needs a stereo, antenna mast and some new foglights. I can't wait to get it all done!

#17 ·
SR20DET_G20 said:
Yea I'm interested in the springs. Does he have any shocks? How much will they lower the car? Price?

I picked my car up for $2000, but it badly needed the work I listed and it also needs a stereo, antenna mast and some new foglights. I can't wait to get it all done!
I have P10 Tein S-techs brand new forsale I live in oregon...

#18 ·
allahsone said:
I have P10 Tein S-techs brand new forsale I live in oregon...
Cool. I need to find some quality shocks too. How much do you want for the springs? I'm also in the market for quality catback exhaust that has a fullsize muffler and looks somewhat stock, but is freeflowing. I need my turbo to be able to breeth, but I want to look as stock as I can from the rear.

#19 ·
SR20DET_G20 said:
Cool. I need to find some quality shocks too. How much do you want for the springs? I'm also in the market for quality catback exhaust that has a fullsize muffler and looks somewhat stock, but is freeflowing. I need my turbo to be able to breeth, but I want to look as stock as I can from the rear.
Allahsone found a shop inthe area that would do all the piping and etc.. for under $200 if i recall correctly..

#20 ·
I would say..call the DMV or smog ref..or whoever it is who does the smog in your state..almost anything you do to the engine is illegal unless it is carb. exempt. That's in California I can't speak for all states. People do illegal swaps here, but they either swap out the sensors for USDM ones and swap exhaust and intake manifolds from a U.S. engine. Normally you always have to know someone who works at a smog station to get your car smogged with JDM engines or performance mods. and that would be illegal.

#21 ·
SR20DET_G20 said:
110 and ill be in portland friday if you would like delivery... we can meet check out each others cars...

#22 ·
rmyc said:
Allahsone found a shop inthe area that would do all the piping and etc.. for under $200 if i recall correctly..
heres the people rmyc was talking about... they gave me a really good price.. you should check them out...

Sunnyside Automotive & Exhaust
John Cimino
13588 SE 152nd
Clackamas, Oregon 97015
Phone (503)318-6293

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.