Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im looking for information about what is needed to be done to put a sr20ve into a 1991 p10 primera with a 5 speed manual gear box hence replacing the sr20de

i need to know:

will the engine fit straight in?
will it bolt up to the gear box?
i will need to run the matching ecu for this engine wont i?

is there anyone who has done this who could shed some light as to continuing with this transplant? thanks heaps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ecu

will the the stock ecu for the sr20ve will plug straight in to where the sr20de computer was?

·
Registered
707 Posts
off topic, but this thread is a good example of why this forum is great, a new guy w/ 2 posts can get actual answers to their questions w/o being told to "search noob",

sorry for thread jackin but im sick of celicasupra.com.......... :x

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
aren't you glad I joined, studied (searched) and got 600+ posts in 2 months :D
edit: way off topic! I use to have a 85 supra, silver with the full wing and window spoiler. I Loved that car! took it to germany and let a german chick who, I didnt know didnt realise she hadnt ever driven before (i didnt speak good deutch) jump it over a fuel island ( yes a military gas station, 12+ feet in the air with the nose straight up, and into a solid wooden fence. dead supra) :(

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Nice to know that your interested in the VVL swap. Here's the link from the Sr20forum.com SR20VE FAQ It will have ALL and yes i do mean ALL your questions answered. If you have any other Q's in reguards to installation, feel free to look into my own VE swap thread :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
SgtDGun said:
aren't you glad I joined, studied (searched) and got 600+ posts in 2 months :D
edit: way off topic! I use to have a 85 supra, silver with the full wing and window spoiler. I Loved that car! took it to germany and let a german chick who, I didnt know didnt realise she hadnt ever driven before (i didnt speak good deutch) jump it over a fuel island ( yes a military gas station, 12+ feet in the air with the nose straight up, and into a solid wooden fence. dead supra) :(
that sucks, my friend gave! me his 85 cause it doesnt run, so its a lil project for us =) 7mgte ftw!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm in the middle of preping a VE engine to drop into my P11. The basic mechanics of the swap is pretty straight forward. No major difference form doing a DE-DE swap. The only major issue is the wiring harness interfaces. You may find the alternater, dizzy and TPS have different connections to your cars harness. If your doing the swap yourself, this shouldn't be too much of a problem as you can splice in the new connectors as you go. However, if you're having a garage do the swap you'll need to prep the engine so it matches the cars harness.

On the ecu side, you can either run with your standard ecu and add greedy switches for the cams and SAFC for the bigger injectors, or fit a VE ecu. But neither option is a straight plug-&-play. If your planning big power out of the VE go for the greedy switches and SAFC. If you're just looking for a bit extra the VE ecu will work fine...

·
Registered
313 Posts
calou56 said:
Some news of the swap?
The VE is in and running...

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63772

Dropped straight in and is running on a stock DE ecu at the moment. Only problem I had was with the injectors. I has to fit DE ones to get it running, however, they'll get replaced with 333cc ones when I swap the ecu over....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Okay if i drop the VE engine on my p10 with stock LSD tranny what should i be hitting at the track?

Were is the cheapes place to get the engine from?

·
Registered
75 Posts
As a guide, someone down here got about 106kw atw in his p10 te and after his swap with stock everything he got 118kw. the main improvment will be your mid range torque so the car will be way more drivable but not much faster down the 1/4 mile.

I had 98kw at the wheels on my p11 sr20de. Just dropped in an sr20ve with franklin s2 cams, daughterboarded sr20ve ecu, 370cc injectors and an sr16ve flywheel and the low and midrange torque is fantastic. Even when it was out of tune and running hell rich it felt better than the DE.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi guys! i'm reviving this old thread as i'm planning on dropping a VE into my P10. i'm thinking of using the VE harness to replace the DE harness. will this be big job? btw, i'm from the philippines and i can get someone to do this, the question i guess is how complicated is the changing of the harness, 'coz my guy might not have the competence to do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts