Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the US G20 comes stock with the sr20de and I know alot of people turbo the de and put sr20det's in the car. I have been reading some posts and have heard that there are sr20ve's. The posts have said that the V stands for Vtech. If it does what's the difference. Why do they put Vtech engines only in Japan models. Is there more power than the sr20de. If so how much. Im assuming the det and the turboed de are better though. I just want some clarifaction on this subject.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah i would have to say this VE has caught my eye too... jus imagine adding VE+T=VET..... WOW =) man dat be crazy!!! :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the US SR20DE comes out at 140hp at the engine where the VE is something like 190hp at the engine and is supposed to have more torque as well. The VE is a higher compression engine also so it would be harder to turbo. The DE also have turbo counterparts that are plenty around. I have heard that there is a VET in a Xtrail? The VE also came out in other markets as well as the Japanese but to why they dont come out in US only youre Polititions would know the answer.

Hope this helps at all and also if anything i have written is wrong then please feel free to correct me.:bandit:

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
IF the sr20vet is availible in the extera do you guys think its possible i could pull one out and swap it into my G?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
G2002 said:
IF the sr20vet is availible in the extera do you guys think its possible i could pull one out and swap it into my G?
Its wouldnt be really cost effective to drop out a brand new SR20DE for a older SR20VE. I highly sugest you keep the SR20DE and just turbo charge it. You will get more hp and torque, it will be cheaper, and you will have a newer engine. A good used T25 setup should cost around $800. This includes the turbo, manifold, and 370cc injectors. You would also need to have your ECU remaped by JWT and find a good intercooler.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
would that get me anywhere near 205 horsepower?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
2002G20Racer said:
It would be easy to achive 200-215hp with a T25 setup and 7psi of boost.
Depending on your setup, you may need as high as 8 or 9psi to achieve that whp level. it's all about tuning, with a turbo even the little stuff can add up to quite a few hp. A local SE-R onwer has a factory T25 setup, nice fmic, 3" exhaust, etc...and he consistantly has put down ~205-210whp at factory boost, 6.5 i believe is what he runs, 6.5 or 7psi. This is also at every dyno day that i can remember him running at. It's very impressive to me as this is his daily driver, it's always running perfect and he's the original owner of the 91 SE-R. =)

BTW, did you get this thread idea from the se-r mailing list?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts