Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 1500 for the sr20det a good price and how much we lookin too add for installation? cause my friend has a guy that says he charges 60 an hour and he said he prob could swap an engine in 8 to 10 hrs. what u guys think of this too? thanks

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
That's a really good price for a FWD DET. I'm suspecting it's from a Silvia. If it's legit go for it. I can't vouch for that mechanic obviously so you'll have to decide if you believe his claims. What about all the other parts that you'll need? You get a price/source on those yet?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i havent and yea i know there would be more stuff i need but i really didnt know so i was just gonna leave it stock. What extras would i need. thanks

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
nsng20 said:
No i havent and yea i know there would be more stuff i need but i really didnt know so i was just gonna leave it stock. What extras would i need. thanks
You need to do some more research. Go to automotiveforums.com in the G20 section and do a search on DET swap. There is a tonne of info there on what you need. That is if the serach function is working correctly yet. Start surfing around sr20deforum.com and check out whats going with with some other peoples installs. We could spoonfeed you everything but the better educated about it the less chance there is you'll get screwed. Would you know the difference between a FWD and a RWD DET just buy looking at them? If not you NEED to do some more research on your own. There's a crap load of info out there. www.google.com is a good place to start searching. Take your time, take notes.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
How about less than $1000 canadian for a red top w/o the ecu? so u convert that to U.S. and its like $700+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts