Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Apologies first, I bet this thread has been done to death but it's hard for me to find these old posts.
So if you guys can point me to the right ancient archive, much appreciated!

I'm swapping my original sr20de out of my 5 speed 99 g20 for a siiiick clean jdm sr20det that just showed up in a shop near me in Tennessee.

I know very little on ecu's though, could I run it on my current box with a cheapo stand alone boost controller? Or do I need to really dig into these electronics?

Any pro tips for this swap?
I know motor mounts are usually crusty on old high mile sr20's so I've got those ordered.
I plan on "freehanding" all of my intercooler piping unless anyone knows a quick easy way.
Any suggestions for a new clutch that is tried and true here?

Again sorry for all this but it's legit hard for me to get around and search on this old phone.

Looking forward to whistle/pshhhhhing my way around Chattanooga!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just did this swap 2 years ago the best thing to do would be to swap in a 94-96 p10 ecu and make sure its running on the ecu before u swap the motor send me a message and i can walk you through what i did

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since you’re local I’ll throw you a bone.
  • If you are buying the engine w/harness and ECU, it’s a pretty easy job. (The old harness, ecu, and engine come out, and the DET goes in.)
  • If you do not have an ecu and you do Not need to pass emissions in Hamilton county, then search EBAY or call up JGY and get a harness and OEM Bluebird, Avenir, etc., ecu to match your engine and be done.
  • Clutches: Exedy is a solid choice but can be expensive, I personally like ACT. The 89-94 maxima clutch can work and Tennessee Clutch Supply in Nashville can get you and upgraded version for under $200.
  • Protip #1 Clean the old mounts when the engine is out and fill them with 3M Windo-weld from Autozone. $20 bucks will fill all four.
  • Protip #2 Get your injectors cleaned by a professional shop like BoostLab or buy a new set of reman 370cc from Aus Injection and not ebay junk.
  • Protip #3 Run the Nissan BOV and recirc it. You can mod the stock BOV to hold more boost and save money for other things.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
ACT HDSS clutch for streetability and handling of the extra HP. Stiffer than stock, but not crazy like a 6-puck clutch.

I think everyone is using Nismotronic or Megasquirt for fuel management these days. I had a tuned ECU with additional piggybacking of a SAFC for tweaking when increasing boost. Probably not theist option anymore though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts