Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody on this forum has done a SR20DET swap into the g20???? If so where did you buy the motor from and how much did it cost to get the motor and the motor intsalled???

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Our staff member Geo and old time supplier Luke has done the DET swap into the P10 and P11 respectivly. Luke ([email protected]) can hook you up with a good DET. Both installed it themselves. Depending on where you are there are some shops that specialize in this swap.

Geo has actually written an article (howto) in Sport Compact Car on his engine swap. IIRC it's the December 2001 issue. You can get it through www.sportcompactcarweb.com.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What would the cost be to have an engine installed? I do not think I will be able to tackle that one on my own. Also, I found a website, www.streetimports.com, that has all variations of the DET. Their prices start at $1,599. Looks good to me. Let me know what you all think about this site and also about my Q on installation costs on a swap.

JP

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Be very careful about which DET you get. Any import DET from a Silvia or 200sx (S chassis cars) will be rear wheel drive and NOT work in a G20. These are usually the cheaper DETs you can buy.

Make sure you get a Bluebird or Pulsar GTi-R DET. The GTi-R DET is more expensive. If you don't mind the drive from KY Jason at www.jgycustoms.com charges $750 for an installation and can have it done in one weekend. He knows his stuff, I've heard good things about him. He could probably even help you source a motor.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would have to recomend SR20Development for a FWD SR20DET swap into a G20. They have a lot of experence and a good staff. I have not heard any bad comments about SR20Development and they have apeared in SCC more then once.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
2002G20Racer said:
I would have to recomend SR20Development for a FWD SR20DET swap into a G20. They have a lot of experence and a good staff. I have not heard any bad comments about SR20Development and they have apeared in SCC more then once.

Driving from Kentucky to California may be a pain for an install though. =)

But in regards to their work, I've heard tons of great stuff regarding SR20Development. I've spoken to Chris on the phone and he seems to really know his stuff and offered to help me any time I need via the telephone. I have heard 2 bad stories about them. One was posted today on the SE-R mailing list.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
b-b00gie said:

Driving from Kentucky to California may be a pain for an install though. =)
:lol: I would have recommend SR20Development had he been closer to Cali. ;)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
b-b00gie said:
I have heard 2 bad stories about them. One was posted today on the SE-R mailing list.
I just read that. Might be something else going on. I've only heard good things about them too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in the middles of swapping in an SR20DET into my car right now. As any of these very knowledgeable people here will tell you, it's not too bad as far as engine swaps go.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I GOT THE PULSAR GTi-R MOTOR AND IT COST ABOUT 3000
THEN U NEED THE FRONT MOUNT WHICH I PAID 1000 FOR THE APEXI UNLESS YOU WANNA KEEP THE TOP MOUNT BUT THE HOOD WONT CLOSE. I DID THE SWAP MYSELF AND THE WIRING AND HAD FRIENDS TO DO IC PIPING AND EXHAUST. BUT I CANT REALLY TELL YOU HOW MUCH THE INSTALLTION IS GONNA BE. THEN YOU GONNA NEED THE JWT ECU REPROGRAMMED AND THE RESISTOR AND THE FORD COBRA MAF TO LET THE MOTOR RUN RITE CUZ THAT WAS THE SAME PROBLEM MY CAR WAS HAVING WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT. I CALLED BEN AT JWT AND HE TOLD ME I NEEDED HIS STUFF, AFTER THAT MY BABY RAN REALLY GOOD.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
g20_det said:
I GOT THE PULSAR GTi-R MOTOR AND IT COST ABOUT 3000
THEN U NEED THE FRONT MOUNT WHICH I PAID 1000 FOR THE APEXI UNLESS YOU WANNA KEEP THE TOP MOUNT BUT THE HOOD WONT CLOSE. I DID THE SWAP MYSELF AND THE WIRING AND HAD FRIENDS TO DO IC PIPING AND EXHAUST. BUT I CANT REALLY TELL YOU HOW MUCH THE INSTALLTION IS GONNA BE. THEN YOU GONNA NEED THE JWT ECU REPROGRAMMED AND THE RESISTOR AND THE FORD COBRA MAF TO LET THE MOTOR RUN RITE CUZ THAT WAS THE SAME PROBLEM MY CAR WAS HAVING WHEN I FIRST STARTED IT. I CALLED BEN AT JWT AND HE TOLD ME I NEEDED HIS STUFF, AFTER THAT MY BABY RAN REALLY GOOD.

this thread is over a year old, i think he has allready got the info on a det swap but hey you never know

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
You've had those pistons and rods in the motor for over 3 years now?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
g20_det said:
OH I DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT THE DATE BUT I HAD DIS SWAP FOR 3 YEARS NOW
ALL CAPS == Rude!

Please don't type in all caps.

·
Registered
316 Posts
no i had it about 5 months now cuz i spun a rod bearing again. i got sponsored my kaiser enterprise hi pro engines. they built top fuel cars and junior dragsters so then they wanted to try an import out so they tried mines out. It came out fine and pretty dam fast

1 - 16 of 16 Posts