Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would a Sr20DEt cost in canadian?
and what other upgrades would i have to do before putting this engine into my car.
and how much hp would i get ? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
SR20DET

The price all depends on what sr you are looking for and if it is used or new... Sometimes you can find a good motor for cheap on thepartstrader.com......You dont have to mod your car at all to get the sr in and running....But i would suggest a new fuel pump.... HP all depends on which sr you are looking for as well...

I only race because othere sports only require one ball!!!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
teck20 said:
how much would a Sr20DEt cost in canadian?
Best to find a Canadian importer. I know there are a few. Perhaps Jason can help out with that.

teck20 said:
and what other upgrades would i have to do before putting this engine into my car.
Well, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. You will certainly need more than just the engine. For a better idea, see the December 2001 issue of Sport Compact Car. It has an article on swapping a DET into a P10.

teck20 said:
and how much hp would i get ? thanks
205bhp from a stock Bluebird DET
237bhp from a stock GTi-R DET

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Re: Sr20DET

Geo said:

Best to find a Canadian importer. I know there are a few. Perhaps Jason can help out with that.
Sorry haven't found anything yet. Not that I've really been looking. :-\

·
Registered
4 Posts
A used SR20DET in California + labor + required parts = UNKNOWN $. HOW MUCH APROX? :bandit:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bluebirds are running anywhere from $1000.00 - $1800.00 depending on condition and availability!

Pulsar GTiR's are running anywhere from $1500.00 - $3000.00 depending on condition and availability!

I would suggest to anyone getting a DET to really consider getting a front mount intercooler and exhaust. A good intercooler w/ custom pipes will run anywhere from $750.00 - $1250.00 depending on size and quality! A 3" catback exhaust made out of Mild Steel U-Bends will cost anywhere from $400.00 - $600.00 depending on quality and choice of muffler; APEXi and HKS being some of the more expensive mufflers.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Do these engines pass the emisions tests in america?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
TurbochargedSER said:
Bluebirds are running anywhere from $1000.00 - $1800.00 depending on condition and availability!

Pulsar GTiR's are running anywhere from $1500.00 - $3000.00 depending on condition and availability!

I would suggest to anyone getting a DET to really consider getting a front mount intercooler and exhaust. A good intercooler w/ custom pipes will run anywhere from $750.00 - $1250.00 depending on size and quality! A 3" catback exhaust made out of Mild Steel U-Bends will cost anywhere from $400.00 - $600.00 depending on quality and choice of muffler; APEXi and HKS being some of the more expensive mufflers.
:bandit: Time to steal one... hehe lol Damn to do an engine swap is a lot more than I expected... that will set me back maybe 20 years lol

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Red Top Sr20de-t

I have found a couple in the GTA(greater Toronto area)

I have found them from $1000-$3000 Can$$ the only thing is that they do not have wiring harnesses or ECu's I dont know how all that works. I have asked some questions today so maybe I can help you out if I get some answers

I am buying one for $700 and u can't have that one

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: Red Top Sr20de-t

GTA_G20 said:
I have found a couple in the GTA(greater Toronto area)

Can you let us know who to call? I know a bunch of people that are looking for one.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Im in windsor right now at University but Im coming home to check this out first. It sounds way too good to be true.

If it checks out I will be more than grateful to hook my fellow G-men especially gettin some eskimoo DET's on the road

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
Im in windsor right now at University but Im coming home to check this out first. It sounds way too good to be true.

If it checks out I will be more than grateful to hook my fellow G-men especially gettin some eskimoo DET's on the road
It does sound really good! I hope it's legit, I might have to see if he can get VE's as well. =)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I think I mentioned it b4 on the 'AF' that I could get these engines and the guy only had a RWD. Now he claims to have a RWD det w/tranny and a FWD red top w/o ecu or tranny.

My Unlcles friend supposidely knows some guy who imports and can get me a few DET's FWD. I'm gonna see if I can get (3) engines to sell off. I'll ask my uncle to find out if he can get the SR20VE?? right?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
GTA_G20 said:
I think I mentioned it b4 on the 'AF' that I could get these engines and the guy only had a RWD. Now he claims to have a RWD det w/tranny and a FWD red top w/o ecu or tranny.

My Unlcles friend supposidely knows some guy who imports and can get me a few DET's FWD. I'm gonna see if I can get (3) engines to sell off. I'll ask my uncle to find out if he can get the SR20VE?? ight?
Yeah, that would be cool!
:cool: :cool:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Jason,

Can u do me a favor though?

Can u and George help me out I posted a Topic in the Engine section here that has gone without a response. Its some questions I had about the turbos. Hook me up bro'. I wanna know what Im supposed to look for when I go home to check this stuff out.

thanx again

·
Registered
246 Posts
You don't need the ECU, Tranny or wiring harness from the DET as you will use your stock tranny & wiring harness and I would suggest that you get a reprogrammed JWT ECU!

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
So these are the parts required:

1) JWT - reprogrammed ECU
2) SR20DET engine
3) Custom fabricated Downpipe??(Is there anywhere that makes these in production or am I to drive my car without the exhaust hooked up to a custom muffler shop?
I found this is this what you all are talking about downpipe?
"Custom SR20DET 3" Downpipe

Sale $119 plus shipping
Mandrel bent, copy of the Greddy pipe, mild uncoated steel. This pipe will need to be coated or painted.
Includes 2 gaskets.

Are these needed:

1) Intercooler? (If so what does it do?)
2) Blow off valve? ( I was told one comes with my engine)
3) Turbo Timer? ( If so what does this do?)

Please correct me if I was wrong with any of the above and feel free to add any miscelaneous parts needed that I have missed.

I'M GONNA GO TURBO IN TORONTO!!!!:evil:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Did you scour automotiveforums.com of all information pertaining to DET swaps? I know for a fact everything you need is in those forums. I'm banned otherwise I'd go get it. ;)

If the search is working there it shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I did do a search and I learned quite alot to tell you the truth. My only problem is that when I go to look for the exact items needed to do the swap I only seem to find bits n pieces. Trust me I looked through all (32)pages of topis in the GENERAL section and (23)pages of topics in the ENGINE section. I'm talking about the full pages of topics with like 30 topics per page.

I just wanted for some one to state what I need to buy besides the Engine, ECU and downpipe to do a basic install.

I've assumed that it would be better to have an intercooler. However, I dont know why I need one or let alone know what it does. I just want to know if I need an intercooler to run my DET or would my engine blow without one?

I know nothing abou turbos except they are fast!!!LOL!
I know that they are forced air indiction from exhaust to intake. I had a supercharged G60 and am
more familiar with those.

What I'm really asking is what do I absolutely need to install this engine and have it run as a daily driver not a racer.

What are add ons that would later on down the road be added to help the engine preform at 200hp. I dont want to build up. I just want to make it work properly for now and later consider build ups which I doubt I will need because 200hp is well more than enough for me on the street.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts