Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much money too get this engine is it worth it ???

is it worth 2500 canadian to bore out my engine to 2.1 L and get high compression pistons this will fix the blow by i am getting right now also some other shit i dont remember how many HPS can i get from this ???

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
sr20dev?

u have a link to this or such? this is something ive never heard of?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I dont understand where the DEV comes into place?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
OK OK OK we all know that he's really asking bout the SR20VE with the variable valve lift and all that. Try calling up SR20DEvelopmenT and they can help you out importing one: (619) 698-8726 ...but I imagine that the shipping would probably be pretty ridiculous since you're way up in Canada...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Actually I'd be more inclined to call Andreas Miko. SR20Dev is getting a bad rap at www.sr20deforums.com. Or I think Jason from jgycustoms.com can also get you a nice deal on a VE. Either would be a good one to go with.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
is it worth it? well it depends on wat you want or expect in the future. And yah g-forces is right, i too have been hearing bad things about sr20dev about not taking care of their customers. I too suggest going to Andres Miko for the sr20ve, he seems to be selling different version of the ve. might wanna check with him

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
6'5 290lbs in a G20 said:
how bout the engine work ??????
is it worth it??
I can't tell you if it's worth it, that's for you to decide. Now in my opinion buying a VE would would be a better buy and have more potential than a fully built DE.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I still dont understand what you are trying to accomplsh?
Boring your cylinders will not yield you a sr20ve. You need to do alot more work and buy a hell of alot more parts to acccomplish that.

However, if engine boring is what u have in mind do this first. Go to the engine section. I posted the other day a thread on rebuiling an Sr20de. George has a step by step article which is simply breath taking to read by all the detail. Simply said, we are very lucky to have him here on the forum.

ALL HAIL KING GEORGE!!!!!:bored:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G-Forces said:
I can't tell you if it's worth it, that's for you to decide. Now in my opinion buying a VE would would be a better buy and have more potential than a fully built DE.
It would depend on what you consider a *fully built* DE, I mean, if your going all out, bore, stroke, P&P, blah blah blah, they *might* be compariable. This not going turbo. Actually I dont know what HP rating you would get by going to a 2.2L with the DE

GTA_G20 said:
I still dont understand what you are trying to accomplsh?
Boring your cylinders will not yield you a sr20ve. You need to do alot more work and buy a hell of alot more parts to acccomplish that.
Actually, nothing will trun a DE into a VE......a head swap maybe? Your better off getting a VE to begin with. Down side, some of the higher performace parts are not yet availabe, to my knowledge, on the VE, it has a different header so the DE doesnt fit, a turbo is out there somewhere, and the only thing I know of are the S3 cams from JWT.

Plus side, your already at 200 hpish right out of the box, and thats without a turbo!!!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yahnozha said:

It would depend on what you consider a *fully built* DE, I mean, if your going all out, bore, stroke, P&P, blah blah blah, they *might* be compariable. This not going turbo. Actually I dont know what HP rating you would get by going to a 2.2L with the DE
Don't know...I don't think I've heard of anyone actually doing it. :-\ I wish someone would. But aside from stroking a DE, you're spending a lot more money to get a built DE that will be maybe marginally better than a stock VE. Not to mention I wonder what a stroked VE would do! :D

Down side, some of the higher performace parts are not yet availabe, to my knowledge, on the VE, and the only thing I know of are the S3 cams from JWT.
I don't know if I'm misquoting you here, but the S3 cams won't work on a VE. The stock SR16VE cams have some potenital for power in the SR20VE motor however.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G-Forces said:
Don't know...I don't think I've heard of anyone actually doing it. :-\ I wish someone would.
muwahahaha!!!.....just wait a while....

But aside from stroking a DE, you're spending a lot more money to get a built DE that will be maybe marginally better than a stock VE. Not to mention I wonder what a stroked VE would do! :D
NO DOUBT!!! I think Andreas is doing that with SR16VE engines. Check out this thread

[/B]I don't know if I'm misquoting you here, but the S3 cams won't work on a VE. The stock SR16VE cams have some potenital for power in the SR20VE motor however. [/B]
Its probably me, maybe it was the S3 roller rocker cams that JWT came out with, I cant remember.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
G-Forces said:
Don't know...I don't think I've heard of anyone actually doing it. :-\ I wish someone would.
HUH?? :confused:

You don't know anyone who has built an all-out DE?

Sure you do.

There are some new things that could be done. Short runner intake manifold, crank from the roller rocker engine, a little more playing with the porting perhaps.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Geo said:

HUH?? :confused:

You don't know anyone who has built an all-out DE?
Sorry George, I ment a fully built and stroked DE. I haven't seen any info or numbers for one. If you know of any please let me know. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts