Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Happy Christmas!

Ok, I want to know about my SR20Di, it's similar to a SR20DE but with 121cv and with only one injector for the four cylinders.
I want to know where the ECU is?, if there is any programme to change parameters of the ECU, to slow down the engine speed when the starter is turned on.

Also I would like to know, what could I do with parts of a SR20DE of a Nissan Sunny Gti? Can I use the ECU of this model?

Thanks

Bye

·
Registered
701 Posts
hey, merry christmas to you too. First of all the mods you can perform to a sr20di engine are limited to a header, cams, exhaust and maybe a custom cold air intake. I said maybe cause my attempt to make a cai completely failed. The ecu is located in the compartment behind the centre of the dash, on the floor of the car. The ecu of a sunny gti or primera eGT won't work. You could use the intake cam of the sunny gti to gain some extra hp too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Off the cuff idea, but wouldn't the whole intake manifold from a SR20DE bolt straight onto a SR20di...? I'd image they'd be a fair few wiring issues to deal with...

·
Registered
701 Posts
maybe it will bolt up, but there are differences in head designs. The di head doesn't have the cutouts for the injector spray to name one. Also the design of the intake ports in the head have a different shape.

Luppo

·
Registered
313 Posts
None starter then. Like I said it was just anm off the cuff idea.
Juanjich. Sounds like your best bet is a air filter upgrade, CAI, header and exhaust. Probably give you 5 - 10 bhp gain...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys! Thanks for the information.
I thought there were no so many differences between these engines.

Stracyznski, how did you get 15 HP extra?
What's about the Neovvl proyect? where did you get this engine? is it easy to find one of them in Europe?

ok, another question about air filters, is that, don't they get hot air because they are situated nearer to the engine?

Sorry for my english... ;-)

Bye

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Juanjich said:

What's about the Neovvl proyect? where did you get this engine? is it easy to find one of them in Europe?

ok, another question about air filters, is that, don't they get hot air because they are situated nearer to the engine?

Bye
Pop chargers and Warm Air Intakes place the filter within the engine
compartment using a "high-flow" design to allow more air into the
engine but without a temperature difference.

Cold Air Intakes place the filter outside of the engine compartment,
an therefore allow colder air to be sucked into the engine. i hope that
helps you out.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
eGT cams will fit and give you some gain, they were used in the SGX auto with DI engine actually.

Don't ask Al about how he got his engine...:zoinks: :lol:

One of the Norwegian on here was converting from a DI to DE, they were going to grind the cut-outs into the head and fit a DE intake along with the ECU and loom. I don't know how far they got.... http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45747

·
Registered
313 Posts
Juanjich said:

Bye
Get that engine was a long story.... :zoinks:

I has it shipped in direct from Japan. Reasonably cheap because I had the connections, but not easy and I wouldn't do it again...
Easiest way is to find an spares importer who import servicable spares directly in from Japan. With luck you might be able to get them to source you one. It's a case of doing the leg work, I'm afraid...

The 165bhp was achieved throught nothing more then airfilter, CAI, header and exhaust. The car still has standard GT cams. I run standard timing and 95octan fuel. On paper it does look like I've got a 15bhp gain, however as I never had the dyno'ed before I started, I've no bench mark to measure the gain from.
If you can sort those four key parts out, you could expect to see around 10% power gain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts