Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup. I got a p10 and I'm ordering a 20v motor and transmission with ecu setup. I need a few questions answered. First of all about the engine. It doesn't have a distributor so would I need to tap into any wires because of this? I have the wiring harness too. And is the throttle body electronically controlled?

Second: about transmission. Will the p12 shifter work in my p10?

Third: what can I do to get 200 whp?

So in a nut shell. I need a how to swap guide for this. I searched but nothing.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
There is no p12 20v swap guide. I would spend some time researching more about VE swaps though and what all options you have.

If you use the p12 ecu you have a lot of requiring to do and that will probably be your biggest hurdle.
P12 engine does have e throttle so you either need to get a electronic pedal assembly or convert to a different ecu setup like a JWT Calum Nismotronic AEM etc.

6spd swap you need a bit of knowledge and fab skills to install. The trans mount bracket needs to be cut of the frame and the 6spd mount and bracket installed. Then the rear mount needs to be modified. Also need to convert the car to a HYD clutch pedal assbly.

The "easy" engine electronics way is to remove the coil on plug and run your current distributor and plug wires and run the same style ecu

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what I need to do for the tranny but what I want to know is if the shifter will work . Also. Even with the full wiring harness and ecu I'll need to rewire still? And how will I get an electronic gas peddle assembly?

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
the shifter will nearly bolt in to the stock shifter location. you have to modify the body for it to clear and shift freely and you will see that when you go to install it.. also you will need to clearance the center console to clear the shifter too.

the wiring harness is for a p12 so it will in no way plug into the car so you will need to hack up the P12 harness or your P10 chassis harness.

I am not sure about the pedal. I got one for someone else but they are harder to find. I am not sure if the USDM Maxima throttle pedal will worth with that ECU or not. That ECU is also a 32bit ecu which there are no tuning options for as those ecu's are well locked.. another reason why they are not used. Also, the stock ECU software I believe limits Throttle angle and metters that by air flow in so i am not sure how much power you can actually make with it. stock this setup makes about 170whp with stock 6spd setup and with a better header, a little more.

·
Registered
20,983 Posts
I think the a33b might use the same sensor on the pedal as the p12. Not sure. The both use 2.5v and 5v supplies. The FSMs list slightly different open and closed voltages though, not sure how accurate it needs to be. Good luck not blowing something up. Once you let the smoke out the wire, you can't put it back in. LOL

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
The guide is in fact dependent how one speeches the install.
If one wants to keep fly by wire and the p12 ecu that's on thing.

However their are fly by wire compatible stand slimes and would be a decent option over the stock ecu and chip key
However a new throttle body flange can be welded to the front of the plenum and an iac valve flange as well and you can use cable throttle and have more ecu options.

I can and possibly Charles can also get any other the combos working but we will be boast to what we like and what is cost effective with good result

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.