Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever considered MAKING a SR20VET? I know the real engine (available in some vehicle called X-Trail GT) won't drop into our cars, but how about combining parts from a DET and a VE? Honda "tuners" do this a lot with their "LS-VTEC" engines, so I was wondering if it was possible to take the SR20VE head and frankensteining it onto a DET engine block. Is this how it would be done? Hey I'm no expert, but 278bhp STOCK sounds really good to me.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Has anyone ever considered MAKING a SR20VET?
Of course. I was planning, still considering, doing a VE swap for now and adding a t28 later on. The biggest problem I see is the 11:1 compression ratio of the VE. That would make it tough to turbo easily.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't you use the lower compression DET pistons then? Then you'd be able to push more boost, ahhh, but then higher octane fuel would be needed too huh. Well, if you can afford to do even make the SR20VET, then you must be able to afford the higher octane fuel.

Meanwhile, I'll be on the sidelines, cheering you on as you smoke car after car on the track: "I KNOW that guy!!! I KNOW HIM!!! WE USED TO BE ON A FORUM TOGETHER!!!" :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts