Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a 2.5" ssac header on my 2002 w/ auto tranny. At approx. 2,200 rpms I get a strong virbration, so much that it rattles the change in my cup holder. Is this normal?

·
Registered
978 Posts
i get that too. i just drive it faster and it goes away.

actually mine vibrates the vents in the dash and i cant reach up there to silence them...it's quite annoying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe so, I have a single cup holder in front of my shifter. Right below the stereo area.

So is there any way to reduce the vibration? I was thinking about that header wrap. Would that help at all?

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
what is this cupholder he speaks of? :p

I believe header wrap will not do anything as far as helping the vibrations...just keeping the heat down I believe. but I usually dont know what Im talking about.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
yessir...but more around mid range. my shit is kinda loud. well was kinda loud. i dont know if Im just used to it now or if it quieted down but mid-top range made hiimj0ne's panties wet with the deep exhaust and vibrations.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Ugly said:
i dont know if Im just used to it now or if it quieted down but mid-top range made hiimj0ne's panties wet with the deep exhaust and vibrations.
i'm glad i didn't stay at your place... good to know, i want the 2.5" SSAC as well.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Ugly said:
fine, youre not welcome anymore. no more candlelight dinner for you, you thlut.
i promise not to break any bongs and puke on myself.

back on topic...

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
i have a '99 MT w/ the ssac header and i have the small vibration at 60-64 mph. i thought it was my ties and wheels but after 6 or so wheel balences with nothing helping. So its not only on the '02.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
must be a p11 thing...you guys are too used to not hearing anything with all that deadening :knockout:

dont be afraid of a little vibration, i had the 2" ssac on my nx and it was a bit louder, but vibrations were more/less the same. if its anything more then minimal, you might wanna check and retighten any loose studs.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
it might even be your rear 02 sensor hitting the sway bar. i have the 2.5" on my 2002 g20. my 02 sensor would HIT the sway bar around those rpms... i think its the same problem you have. i had a muffler shop move it back about 4 inches...

i have noticed that after i moved the rear 02 sensor that was hitting the sway bar the vibration died down. it used to make the dash rattle at those rpms...

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
2.5" piping will have alot more resonance than a 2" pipe which is causing your vibration, same goes for a 3" from a 2". Larger diameter pipe the greater the resonance, hence the vibration. Also the header wrap will not work as thats only for insulation.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Cryss said:
did you check it out??? if its not the rear 02 sensor you can slap me!
Admit it! You're hoping it's not the case. You just like to be slapped! LOL! (Slapped = spanked........LOL) JJ!!! I've got the 2" version, and I don't seen to have this issue. It's what GTA_G20 said, the resonance changes as you change the diameter of your exhaust components.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts