Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know when the engine is about to stall, its makes this weird rattling sound? My engine has been doing this noise more and more when I disengage the clutch and engage the throttle. Can it be from just a tired clutch? I think somebody said this noise is called "chattering" but I don't really know anything. If its not the clutch that is the problem then can it be my pistons knocking? I hope not! I don't know what pinging and knocking sounds like... I just want to know what the problem can be before heading over to the stealership to have them check it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it loud?
I can hear a strange sound when I turn off everything but engine.
So it is very quiet inside. Otherwise I can't hear it.

It sounds like a loose spring vibrating, and it happens when I lift off the gas pedal a little bit.

And sometimes I can hear it sometimes I can't.

The dealer said it is normal, but I am not even sure if he know what I am talking since I only describe it in his office, not during driving.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man its that exact noise that I have. It also happens during low rpms and at high rpms that "loose vibrating sound" goes away. But mine used to be very low and only sometimes, now it happens alot more often and alot louder.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have a problem with my 99 G....at low rpm it vibrates the whole car alittle off the line....but it could be normal wear and tear stuff...70K miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts