Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guess Im stupid. I was messing around with the wiring of the remote starter to get it to work and I had the 2nd stater wire hooked up to the relay. I guess the relay caught one of the metal pieces and made a spark. Now the car wont start. The dome light, security light head lights, and horn work. The dash lights do not work. I checked all the main fuses under the dash and they seem to be good. Maybe a relay some place or another fuse might have blown. Anyone have any idea on what can be wrong?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Surely if the batt fuse had failed ....... Nothing would work ......... Still I dunno

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to check the battrey fuse but I cant pull it out. Same with all the fuses in the drive frender. One fuse I think its the ignition one on the same side I was able to break off the plastic and test it. It seemed to be ok. But I cant get to the other ones. How do you take these damn things out?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
check all the ones in cabin again, test them with a tester for continuity, not just visually, then there should be a starter fuse, that's the one I think would be your problem. Also theres one more fuse box near the airbox check that one out, I don't remember what fuses are there. Good luck bud!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turned out to be the fuse near the air box. The funny thing was that I looked at it like 5 times and it looked alright. I gave it a few days then tried to attack the problem again and I realized it was the ignition fuse near the air box under the hood. I went to Pepboys and got the fuse for $3.99 and replaced it (way cheaper then paying the delear for the fuse i think they charge 15.99 or something). The car started up. :).

Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts