Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just curious for all you guys...when the engine first cranks over...what RPM does it go to before it drops back down to idle? Mine goes up to like 1500-1600 RPM and then goes back down. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
When I first crank it, it shoots up to about 1500, and then it'll idle at 1000 for a bit until I drive it around.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yeah, mine goes at least that high. I don't really pay too much attention to it, but yeah, that's normal. Mine usually idles at 1500 when i first start it up, except in the summer (now through about September), then it's usually already warmed up fully (ugh) and then it just drops right to normal idle after i start it. The only time my car ever needs to really warm up is in the mornings the rest of the day it stays pretty warm and the needle won't be all the way down even if it sits for a couple hours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I just picked up my 2002 G20 Sport, 5-speed on Friday. I noticed the high RPMs on startup (1500) and was going to mention it to the dealer, but it sounds pretty normal. The owner's manual says to let the car "warm up" for 30 seconds before putting it in gear. I've been doing this, especially since it's during the break-in.

Christine

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Christine: Welcome aboard!! Its always good to see new people...congrats on an awesome purchase...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
freckles said:
Hi, I'm new here. I just picked up my 2002 G20 Sport, 5-speed on Friday. I noticed the high RPMs on startup (1500) and was going to mention it to the dealer, but it sounds pretty normal. The owner's manual says to let the car "warm up" for 30 seconds before putting it in gear. I've been doing this, especially since it's during the break-in.

Christine
Welcome. That's a good idea to do that. I usually wait longer than that, maybe a minute or two if not until the revs get to normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts