Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. My folks are willing to sell me my dad's '04 G35 for a steal of a deal. It has probably about 60K miles on it. Mostly freeway miles since my dad drives a lot.

Here's what I have to pay for it.
$8500 that was left over from my stock sales that was meant to pay for school but doesn't have to since I have graduated.
I also have to give him my 99 G20t which has 130,000 miles on it.

How can I pass this up? Thats a 04 coupe for like 12K.

I guess I am trying to figure out if I can afford it.
I'm a 22 yr old male living alone in Scottsdale, AZ. I have a clean driving record. I graduated from college with honors.

So for you g35 owners...
I was wondering what you guys pay for insurance?
What are your maintenance costs like?
Gas?

Please any information would help seeing as I am living on a very limited budget. I'd hate to pass this up, but I have to be responsible about i to. I mean, there is nothing wrong with my car, so is the upgrade neccessary?

·
Registered
293 Posts
i'm pretty sure the G35 takes premium gas, so your gas expense is gonna go up. my co-worker drives one and she said she only gets about 20mpg, but thats rush hour traffic commute.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would like to buy my Dad's 03 6MT Sedan in 2 years when he is done with it. My little brother will be turning 16 then and I'll probably try to use our 99 G as a "trade in" on the deal :)

If you really like driving the new Gs and can afford it then why not?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Keep the G20. The G35 is hella sweet, but if you're on a budget it's not really doable.
I was in a toss up between a nice white 04 G35 and my G20. My insurance would have cost almost $100 more per month, it had worse gas mileage (maybe because I just drove the shit out of the g35 when I tested it for a few days), and I had to come up with 7k extra down to get it.
It was between having a really really nice g35, or being able to afford my mortgage.
Since the G35 isn't spacious enough to live in, I **** the G20.

OR...
take the G35, sell it, buy another G20 and have probably 10k to play around with.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
plastikcaktus said:
Keep the G20. The G35 is hella sweet, but if you're on a budget it's not really doable.
I was in a toss up between a nice white 04 G35 and my G20. My insurance would have cost almost $100 more per month, it had worse gas mileage (maybe because I just drove the shit out of the g35 when I tested it for a few days), and I had to come up with 7k extra down to get it.
It was between having a really really nice g35, or being able to afford my mortgage.
Since the G35 isn't spacious enough to live in, I **** the G20.

OR...
take the G35, sell it, buy another G20 and have probably 10k to play around with.

hes already got another like 10k to play around with it lol, thats part of what is going to the 35

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LoSt said:
I'd get the coupe, but that's just because I've been nutting over them since before they were released..
Me too...

I think I am going to go for it and enjoy it for a couple months. Then if it ends up just being too expensive I'll sell it and buy something more reasonable.

Apparently the deal is my dad is going to buy another Camry and just drive the S-out of it. He will be retiring in a couple years and when he gets the check from all the time off and sick pay he is owened he'll be dropping that on the '08 coupe. He'll keep the Camry as his daily driver and stuff. My G20 will go to my youngest siter as her first car. I hope she doesn't hurt it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2nd guessing myself now...

$8500 cash could put new carpet in my condo and keep my G running for quite some time. It would also allow for some nice lil vacations here and there and be a nice buffer for a rainy day like if my AC in my condo crapped out again.

leaning towards the pass now...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Pass dude. The G35 is hella nice and all but only if you have the money to pay for it. They do recommend you use 93 octane instead of the 87 so your gas would go up and the coupe is very looked at by cops. If you like to drive fast as most of us do then I would stick with the sedan and drop in some simple mods with your 8500 and save the rest "for a rainy day" as you put it

·
Registered
631 Posts
I pay about $45-50 every fill up for my G35 coupe avg about 16 mpg, premium gas. insurance is about $200 a month, I'm 22 with a clean record. It's a fun car though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You seem like a responsible kid...the responsible thing to do would be to pass up the car and keep your G20 (as many before me have stated).

·
Registered
595 Posts
I say do it.

Its an 04 G35 Coupe...60k miles...and clean record right?

I'm positive you can sell it for at least double that and that would be a steal of a price

·
Registered
936 Posts
G20Touring said:
buy it.. u can sell it and make almost double that if u need the $$$$
In a sense, you're making money that you dad will going to lose. that's fuck up.

I say do it, it's a sweet deal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts