Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could be a few diffrent things, but ruling out a bent rim, leaves really only belt separation... right?

I can feel a wobble in the steering wheel... like it a let it go, you could actually see it wobble left to right left to right back and forth.

So any ideas? Should i just bite it, and buy a new tire, and see if that helps?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might be alignment, but wouldnt that be gradual? and not all of the sudden? Just a thought. Yes, i can feel it at any speed.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
Tell us what speed the wobble occurs at, if it increases with speed, etc.

Bent rims cause noticeable wobble at low speeds.

Imbalanced wheels cause wobble at higher speeds (75-85 mph) and may have a "harmonic" behavior where the wobble is worse at specific speeds.

Damaged axles/CV joints cause wobble typically on acceleration/deceleration.

Warped rotors cause wobble on braking, and may wobble worse at certain speeds.

- Greg -

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i feel it at all times... Doesnt get any worse with speed. Just stays apparent.

Hope its not cv/s, and i hate doing them. Im doing cv.s on my p10 and ball joints right now, if i can ever find the time :(

So shitty when i went sliding off the road when my ball jiont gve out,a nd my came off, and my axle shit inhalf.

Anyways, like i said, wobble stays, but doesnt get any worse. I can let go of the wheel, and its apparent that its tehre, you can see it.

I first thought i bubble in the tire, or belt separation... but i dont know for sure. When i get out tot he car after work, ill check the boots. Now does a cv go bad even IF the boot is undamaged?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This is easy to diagnose if it is tire related. Move the front tires to the rear and the rears to the front. If the wobble is still there, then it's not the tire.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have this problem too... I can actually see the steering twist n twitch if I take my hands off of it.... let a couple of friends drive n they thought it was too loose too.. even have a thread on that - here

Let me know if you know how to fix it..

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill check it out this weekend, but im sure this suspension needs an full overhaul.... so hard when having to do all the shit im doing now. POlus i KNOW how to do it, but i know ill pay 200% more to have it done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was going to suggest what jjacob said. Move your front tires to the rear and rear to the front. You have to be absolutely sure it's not your tires before you speculate on other (and more complicated) culprits. SOmetimes even a very slight and unoticeable rim bend can alter steering big time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts