Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my stereo up a little over half way the subwoofer cuts out. Turn it down just a little bit and it comes back on ??????
I tried disconnecting the sub and now I can get more volume but it will completely shut off. I can turn it down a little and it comes back to life..
WTF? Any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent looked at it. Kenwood HU, Sony speakers, Kicker 12 and amp. I know that power is direct from battery for the sub amp. Ground is direct to chassis from amp. I dont know about stereo power and ground integrity. My neighbor told me it was my HU and to replace the HU because the preamp and amp was weak. ????????

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Seems like it is the headunit. It may have a short or a bad ground.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Sounds like the amp only runs the sub. If he disconnected it and the speakers stills cut out, head unit is most likely.

·
G hoarder
2,322 Posts
sounds like your amp is overheating and shutting down. what type and how many watts are the speakers and amp?

this. and this.

Sounds like the amp only runs the sub. If he disconnected it and the speakers stills cut out, head unit is most likely.
were you running your sub from a stereo line out of your headunit. if so i bet it turned off at higher volumes with the sub unhooked. it sounds like the internal power amp in your hu is dieing. wont be long until it doesnt turn on at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like its time for a new HU. Seems like there is a lot of price range for a HU with the same features. ie....aux,usb,cd,mp3,sub out,..... Whats the difference? Whats the best?
Is that just a matter of opinion?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.