Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the stickiest tires on the market for p11? im looking for tires that even Spiderman would get for his own car.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Heard very good things about BFGoodrich: g-Force Sport, KDW, and KDWS, all good for cornering. Also Falken Anzen's (I believe, and sp?). Check out www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
963 Posts
i actually am spiderman and i have eagle F1-GS D3's and they meet my standards

but since you're from jersey then also i'd reccommend some blizzaks possibly even some lm 22's

best of luck to you, i must now go touch mary jane inappropriately

sincerely,
SM

·
Registered
494 Posts
Try some Bridgestone S02's or any of the ultra high performance Bridgestone tires, they are nice for sport and rain. Horrible for the snow however.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If you want the stickiest, get some DOT R-compound tires. However, those are not very practical, are expensive, and wear out super fast.

For regular all-seasons, I agree that the Yokohama Avid H4S are good. I have them on the front wheels of my car and I haven't really had a chance to push the thing yet, but they seem to be decent.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackp10g20 said:
but since you're from jersey then also i'd reccommend some blizzaks possibly even some lm 22's
SM

why would the jersey rough roads matter? wouldnt sticky tires be most beneficial on rough roads?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to explain more, i want the stickiest summer tires for cornering. i dont really care about the snow because im not taking tight turns while its snowing. i think all summer tires to some degree are able to handle snow on low or medium speed? if u think that was a dumb comment, feel free to take a jab.

the tires im looking for would be borderline track tires but durable streets.

DOT R-compound... interesting suggestion...

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Summer tires have marginal traction at best in the snow. If you want to get summer tires, you should get another set of wheels and put winter tires on them. I have a friend who runs summer tires year round on his BMW 325i, but I don't think he actually tries to go anywhere when it snows. The one time he did, I seem to remember he described it as "scary."

And DOT R-compound aren't just "borderline" track tires...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
  • $100 (200 tread wear) Falken Azenis RT-615; normal street tire: very very good in dry and fair in wet.
  • $80 (200 tread wear) Hankook Ventus Rs2 Z212; normal street tire: very good in dry and ok in wet.
  • $200 (100 tread wear) Toyo Proxes RA-1; basically a race tire: super in dry and bad in wet.
  • $200 (60 tread wear) Yokohama ADVAN A032R; basically a race tire: super in dry and bad in wet.

I would think that unless one really needs the ultra grip the price is not worth it due to tire wear. Depending on the [size] one wants to run the Azenis or the Ventus are good picks (they seem to be just odd of each other in filament size ... speedo reasons...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts