Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
EHEH I don't know much but I only hear good things about the HotShot CAI, heard its the best for the g and for the stillen I actually havent heard anyone say a thing about it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey Sport I personally think you should get the Hotshot... The Stillen CAI is only an extension pipe which means you keep the stock plastic tubing from your throttle body to your MAF then you add a little extension pipe from Stillen that leads to a little area right by the wheel well. The Hotshot comes with both pipes so it replaces the plastic tubing from the throttle body to the MAF and then also has the extension... On top of that the Hotshot comes in a nice chrome finish to compliment your beautifully finished chrome valve cover. Both come for almost the same price (I think the Stillen is actually more because luke at digitalracer.com can get you the Hotshot for 190$ I think) With all that said the Hotshot would be the better bargain giving you more horsepower for the better price and it would look better

BTW where did you get your chrome valve cover?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I have the stillen and it is an extension pipe. stillen is 2.5" and the other two are 3". from what i read on the sr20 forum anything bigger than 2.5" kills mid range, The mass air is even smaller than 2.5". AEM makes theirs 2.5 for the sentra sr20de and they do alot of research. The stillen is a little more $ than the others but your paying for thier research. If you ask me the hot shot and place racing look like they just made it fit, no brackets to hold it from hitting the holeand nothing else that looks like they put time in it. the stillen has a big air filter(k&n) that is angled toward the front. I didn't know any of this before I bought mine I just got screwed by place racing so I bought the stillen. I am making the Warm air part now I welded the tubes on to an exhaust pipe and painted it , I just need to get the reducers ,

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G20Turbo said:
Hey Sport I personally think you should get the Hotshot... The Stillen CAI is only an extension pipe which means you keep the stock plastic tubing from your throttle body to your MAF then you add a little extension pipe from Stillen that leads to a little area right by the wheel well. The Hotshot comes with both pipes so it replaces the plastic tubing from the throttle body to the MAF and then also has the extension... On top of that the Hotshot comes in a nice chrome finish to compliment your beautifully finished chrome valve cover. Both come for almost the same price (I think the Stillen is actually more because luke at digitalracer.com can get you the Hotshot for 190$ I think) With all that said the Hotshot would be the better bargain giving you more horsepower for the better price and it would look better

BTW where did you get your chrome valve cover?

Sounds good, So Luke would be able to get me it for 190? Thats a good price! I got my VC from a friend who works at Infiniti when I bought my car he put that on for me, I didnt even know he was going to do it he just added it on for me.. =)

·
Registered
562 Posts
hey Bella G20 what did you modify? and what year sentra part did you get? Did you have to cut or move anything? let me know...I'm interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
we had to drill a hole in the piping for vacum I think and we had to fab the air sensor. Then over where the stock air box goes into the wheel well, we had to cut some of that out. If you want to see it, I have pics of it. Just let me know what ur email address is so I can send them to you.:lol:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
as far as the battle between hs or stillen the only reason i ever suggest hs over stillen cai to people is only because of sport compact cars comparisen on these a long time ago wich showed the hs one had the most gain in hp
causal

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
casual said:
as far as the battle between hs or stillen the only reason i ever suggest hs over stillen cai to people is only because of sport compact cars comparisen on these a long time ago wich showed the hs one had the most gain in hp
causal
If i remember correctly. they compared the HOT SHOT CAI to the stillen POP , not to the stillen CAI. AEM make there piece for the sr20 the same size as the stillen piece. I love my stillen CAI. my only regret is that I didn't build my own instead of paying $250.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Bella send some pics to [email protected] I would like to see it. Is it solid with the modifications, and how long did it take to modify?

·
Registered
863 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:

Sounds good, So Luke would be able to get me it for 190? Thats a good price! I got my VC from a friend who works at Infiniti when I bought my car he put that on for me, I didnt even know he was going to do it he just added it on for me.. =)

$190 was a Group buy price some time ago. Normal price should be a little higher. Maybe another GB now may be posible. I'll be in if so.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Ericdd said:
I have the stillen and it is an extension pipe. stillen is 2.5" and the other two are 3". from what i read on the sr20 forum anything bigger than 2.5" kills mid range, The mass air is even smaller than 2.5". AEM makes theirs 2.5 for the sentra sr20de and they do alot of research. The stillen is a little more $ than the others but your paying for thier research....
I believe that is correct. The 2.5" is best for low to mid range power gains. The 3" is best for high-end gains. I personally plan on making a homemade CAI with the JWT-pop charger and 2.5" piping since I very seldom go over 5500rpm.;)
As for which is better, well, if the pipe sizing is the same for both then I would go with the JWT since Stillen usually copies from JWT most times.:-\

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ericdd said:
I have the stillen and it is an extension pipe. stillen is 2.5" and the other two are 3". from what i read on the sr20 forum anything bigger than 2.5" kills mid range, The mass air is even smaller than 2.5". AEM makes theirs 2.5 for the sentra sr20de and they do alot of research. The stillen is a little more $ than the others but your paying for thier research. If you ask me the hot shot and place racing look like they just made it fit, no brackets to hold it from hitting the holeand nothing else that looks like they put time in it. the stillen has a big air filter(k&n) that is angled toward the front. I didn't know any of this before I bought mine I just got screwed by place racing so I bought the stillen. I am making the Warm air part now I welded the tubes on to an exhaust pipe and painted it , I just need to get the reducers ,

Just a quick note... AEM makes 2.5, 2.75 and a 3.0 inch CAI... or so the Optionsauto website says... does anyone make a shorter ram? I'd like to get one that will get rid of the intake resonance created by the plastic, and the restriction of the air silencers, but I drive in plenty of rain and snow. Plus I'd like to spend as much under $200 as possible....

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Nope, all you would need is an air filter and an adapter. Thats wy im not wasting $200

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Hmmmm...

That's an interesting question. As much as I've been browsing the forum, I've never seen anyone with a CAI and turbo together. I think that both together would make tons of power but I doubt that the engine would last long considering the added stress from the extra compression.

Of course, I could be wrong about that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
good point there

It's one thing that I've always pondered about myself... but I believe it's either one or the other. If you're rolling (stock) you could use the cold air intake and get that HP gain... but with a Turbo set-up, you're better off with an Intercooler... a front mount would be even better! The cooler the air... the better the performance.... right?... anyone?... :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts