Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I don't know much but I am pretty sure the stillen CAI is just a cone intake and all you have to do is get a smaller battery so it'll fit in place of your air filter. I am not sure but I swear I read that some where .

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
91maxima said:
I don't know much but I am pretty sure the stillen CAI is just a cone intake and all you have to do is get a smaller battery so it'll fit in place of your air filter. I am not sure but I swear I read that some where .
Nope! I am not aware of a Stillen CAI, but the Stillen POP charger (cone filter) you are referring to does not require any modifications to the engine bay or battery size as you stated. You remove the stock air box and replace it with the Stillen POP. Leave everyting else alone. Simple installation.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
stillen does make a cold air intake. i don't know about installation, but give adam a call at 1-800-576-2833 x138 and tell him i sent you.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
If it is a true CAI (Stillen, HS, or whoever) for the G20, it will lead into the wheel well behind the fender. You dont need a new battery, just move it a little, and you do need to cut a larger hole for the piping to go into the wheel well. Its pretty simple with the right tools and takes a little time to install....

If its the JWT POP or the Stillen ripoff of that, then no, it simply replaces the stock airbox.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stillen cold air!

On the stillen web site the picture of the cold air intake for the 99 g20 looks like its attaches to the whole which is already there and the filter attaches to the other side and it doesnt look like there was any cutting involved

go take a look at stillen.com infiniti-g20-99

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
I *highly* doubt that it will fit without cutting the sheet metal....if it does just drop right in with out modifications...Ill stand correctd...to my knowledge you will need to cut.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you but the stillen intake, for your sake I hope there is cutting invilved to get it through the fender of you will have a heck of a bottleneck :)

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I have the stillen CAI on my G.Stillen CAI installed on my car
You do need to cut a little and I think I just moved the battery over a little. In my opinion It's the best because it has two mounts that bolt it in solid to the car. and it has a very large filter. I am going to cut a whole next to the Driver fog light to let even more air in. I noticed huge gains already.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I don't remember but it came with a template. there was a hole that needed to be enlarged. It wasn't huge though.
hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts